Tuesday, April 21, 2009

spt: gift

for tuesday, april 7: gift a family member
for tuesday, april 14: gift a friend

for tuesday, april 21: gift a neighbor, teacher, co-worker
for tuesday, april 28: gift a total stranger



I've always been grateful for my girls teachers and for all the time and effort they put into their classes each year to make them a wonderful place to learn. It hasn't always been easy for me to help out in the school, but this year I was determined to find time even if that meant taking Megan with me. So on most Thursdays Megan and I head to the school, Megan armed with crayons and paper and me with a smile, to help the teachers that give so much to my girls each day.

It such a little thing to do that not only makes a difference to the teacher, but to my girls as well...they love the days I go in. I'm looking forward to next year having them all in one place and making volunteering that much easier.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i know your gift must be appreciated.

my mom used to accompany the high school choruses, and my sister katie (who was about megan's age at the time), would camp out under the piano with her books and dolls. this photo reminds me so much of that time!

jenn said...

what a great gift...to give back to the teachers that give so much!

Jordan said...

Amy, I spent some time browsing your blog today and it made me feel so calm and content. Thank you for the beauty you share from your life.

Crystalyn said...

i'm looking forward to being able to do more of this myself. i'm sure your girls really do love it!

Lucy said...

Excellent SPT. I have loved going to help in the school, even when it's making photocopies and cutting. But I especially love working with literacy with children.

Natasha said...

That is great you can bring younger children while volunteering. Our schools are very strict about no younger siblings allowed on campus and that policy infuriates me!

michelle said...

The only way I've ever been able to help out at school is by bringing younger siblings with me! Natasha's school must suffer from an underabundance of volunteerism... Great thing to document, Amy. I have totally spaced SPT lately.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...