Disclaimers: I'm recovering from strep, I haven't taken a shower, I'm sort of awkward on video though I'm trying to be myself, I get slightly emotional, it's longer than I wanted it to be, there is some rambling, and I'm never good with signing off.
Please don't put me part of the draw.....I'm in EU, so far away and really so far in 2009 I have been spoiled a lot already BUT I wanted to say how nice it was to see you "nearly" IRL...Not good enough???? Please start really believing you are, for a long while already. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Enjoy the fame and be PROUD of YOU!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! Your pictures are amazing and you have every right to be proud. It was great to see you on video. I love to hear what peoples voices sound like. It helps complete who they are in my mind. I hope this is the beginning of many more publications for you. You deserve the praise.
I am so excited for you. You are so talented...I can't wait to see the magazine. I am going to go & guy it. I am so proud of you, Amy. It has been so awesome to get back in touch w/ one another & see the talented person that you have become. I think you are amazing...beautiful in every way! I love you & I am so glad to have my friend back. CONGRATULATIONS!
Amazing Amy! What a great way to record your thoughts and emotions with this dream coming true. It does not surprise me at all, I love the way you capture life and how you go after your dreams. Congrats!!!
I read your blog regularly, but I'm kind of shy about commenting, but this is such happy news that I had to say congratulations. When my sister Candice first was published in Creating Keepsakes, I remember her being just as thrilled and now she's a contributing editor. It could be you soon because, seriously, you are wonderful, and I hope that you know that!
Amy, I am a friend of Robyn's and I found you through her blog.
Let me tell you how cool I think it is that you got your photo published. I am a huge fan of yours. I LOVE your photos. I love the way your write. And I love the way you think and contemplate. I think so highly of you and you deserve any and all recognition that comes your way. Congratulations! It is a great photo -- just like so many of yours! :) (P.S. I would have cried too)
Congratulations! What an accomplishment. So often we can feel like our talents aren't good enough. How amazing to get validation from an actual maggie. WOW-you should be so proud of all you have done and how far you have come. Well done and thank you for reminding us all that dreams can come true. I guess Adam's note was right.:)
Hey Congratulations! What an incredible thing to have happen for you. I have always thought that you have an incredible talent for photography. You do some really beautiful work. Which is why I am surprised that you want to give away the money. I accidently let me subscrip run out, so I'm going to have to go and buy this one just to see it IRL. Congratulations once again! You are fab!
Holy Cow, how can you not think you would be good enough? Your photographs of your children and of nature and of "life" in your home often bring me to tears. Each picture is a beautiful treasure for your children, your family and to all of those who read and watch your blog.
Now - go look in the mirror and say the following: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn, people like me!"---- and mean it!
I saw your photo when I was looking at my magazine yesterday. I was so thrilled for you! I'm so sad that Simple won't be published anymore or certainly we'd see more of your stunning photography in there!
I used to comment every now and then, and I havent' commented for a long time, even though I still check your blog regularly. I just want to say how brave to put yourself out there on video and also Congratualtions for such a neat accomplishment. I really admire they way you express yourself and share yourself with the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.
This post makes me so happy! I have been a reader for a while and I am always inspired by you, not only creatively but also spiritually. Congrats and thanks so much for all you do!
WOW! Congratulations! You totally had me crying. This is such an awesome achievement, though let me say that I am not the LEAST bit surprised b/c you are so talented and you are an amazing photographer. I am so happy for you. And you seemed totally natural on the video, by the way, I love that you shared it "in person" like that. Love you!
Congratulations! I'm not commenting to win a give-away, but just to wish you my warmest congratulations. (the emotion in your video was not lame. it was real.)
Hi Amy, I have been reading your blog religiously for the past year. I enjoy your stories, your love of your family, your relationships, especially with your husband. Your daughters are beautiful, as so are you. I love your hair!! Most of all I love your, they are so pure and say so much about you and your life. Whether it be a picture of a messy room, a picture of a beautiful flower, or a picture of your family. I feel truly connected to you and look forward to reading your posts everyday. Thanks for being a great read and inspiration throughout my days.
YEAH!!! I am jumping up and down inside for you right now! I am so happy that one of your many beautiful photos has been published. Beautiful photo. YEAH!!!
If you are a dork, so am I, because I seriously started crying too. Oh my.. you must feel so amazing. What an awesome dream to come true.
You know I've always loved your talent(s) and have always thought what a fantastic photographer you are. I'm glad you were able to showcase some of your work in such a recognized magazine.
I'm so happy for you. You really are tremendously talented. I often show your pictures to my husband and tell him how much I want to take pictures like you! Congratulations!
LOVE YOU! So awesome...that you videoed this, that you got published, that instead of rolling in that mound of cash (kidding) you are sharing your glee with the rest of us that include some who will never, never, no never be published in a scrapbook magazine. I love saying that I know you and that I wasn't surprised by your voice or your humility or your talent! I KNOW AMY!
just wanted to say congrats amy! that is so awesome. how incredible to have such a dream come true. and how cute to think of your girls jumping up and down with you. i'm happy for you.
Your video seriously brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on seeing your dream come true. The rest of us can all see how talented you are - you totally deserve the recognition.
It has been so long since I blogged on my own blog and even longer since I have jumped around on others' blogs. I always love clicking over to you and seeing your amazing talent. I too love photography but have yet taken the time to learn more about my camera and picture taking in general. Your photos make me smile and want to jump inside of them. Congratulations on the publication. No need to put me in the drawing. I believe I'm already a winner just by coming across your blog and your photography.
Congratulations! That is awesome, I will pick up the magazine next time I'm out! My subscription ran out about 3 months ago!! Thanks for sharing, It was nice to see you in person. I can really put a person with the WORDS!! I enjoy your blog daily!
Any, Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You are a very talented women who loves her sweet family and tries daily to improve the lifes of other by your photo and words. What clarity you have for your age. Lucky Adam, and girls. Have a good day, Janet
Amy...okay, so I do know how to spell your name...oops! sorry about that! It is just that my "50ish year old eyes" don't see as well as they used to when it is late at night. Janet
Congratulations Amy!!!!! This is so exciting! You must have been going crazy knowing about this since October and not sharing it until now. I think it's sweet that you shot this video and got choked up about it. It's a big accomplishment so it makes sense that it would be emotional for you. Way to go!!!!
When I saw you raise your copy of the magazine, I felt myself do a little dance in my chair for you! I have been so inspired by your photography. I especially love your series of self portraits with your family and in your studio. They encourage me to push myself a little bit further. I haven't shared any yet, but I am beginning to take more SPs, even though I have my own quirks to resolve regarding being photographed.
Thank you for your blog; for sharing your wisdom, your vulnerability, your closeness with your husband and your daughters. The growth and change you have experienced since you first began blogging is evident and you deserve every accolade you receive.
So yours is the only "non family" blog I check into from time to time. The reason for this comment- winner or not- is to let you know that maybe it's because I'm a mom with the same DEEP satisfaction and passion for my kids, maybe it's the spirit I felt as I listened...whatever the reason...I was equally emotional for your success. Tears and all.
This is just the beginning for you because humility will go a LONG way. Thanks for the rawness (is that a word?) of the moment. Mmmm.
Amy Napier
P.S. I'm thinking that "Wicky- wicky woo...Peace OUT!" with your hands moving is always a good sign off if feeling awkward :)
P.S.S. If I was the one you randomly chose, I just realized that there is no contact information for me. I have removed the comment option on my family blog though I have left the feature on my intimacy blog. A strange place for winning kind of news- huh.
I guess if my name gets posted- I'll send you my email.
killing some time before a flight to mexico..and saw that you had a new post. congratulations AMY!! How wonderful..I love your work, you should be proud of yourself. I love that you got emotional..I would too!! ♥
congratlations to you! Also, it was so fun to hear your voice. You're writing has a very personal voice, but it was also nice to hear you. Congrautlations again.
I love your photography. I am impressed that nearly every post has such remarkable photos...like they took a lot of planning, yet they appear mostly spontaneous.
I feel almost selfish commenting, because I'm not doing it for the money. I just wanted to make sure and tell you congrats! You deserve it with all you do!!! And I don't think there's anything quite like having a dream realized! Good job. :)
I read your blog quite often, I hope you don't mind....Your pictures are amazing!!! You actually inspired me to go take Mark's photography class to learn more. I loved it!!
What an awsome accomplishment!! Thanks for sharing...
I have just started following your blog and I'm definitely going to continue! I understand the emotion behind getting your photo in a magazine. I can't imagine the incredible feeling you must have! I've always hoped to get somewhere like that someday, and you have become my inspiration! I love to see dreams coming true in peoples lives. Thank you for sharing your work and heart!
What an honor. No wonder you were emotional, that is just an affirmation of all the work and progress you have made along the way as an artist. I am so happy for you.
wow. i have been reading your blog for a long time, but have never commented. i had to today-- that video got me! you are so inspiring and so real. i can't wait to see your photograph in simple. thank you for all the words you've shared with so many you've never met. you are such a great person.
Congratulations, Amy! That is seriously cool! I submitted layouts several times to SS and CK but never got published, I would have been thrilled as well. Needless to say, I'm not surprised that they recognized the high quality of your work. Hooray for a dream coming true!
p.s. I thought the ending of your video was adorable.
Congrats! That is so great! You have such amazing talent and we're just glad you share it with all of us. I love that you did a video. It's great to be able to hear your voice and get to know you a little better.
Amy, this is so incredible. I just saw this today and I'm so proud of you.
I'm so glad you posted a video. It's been wonderful knowing you through the words you write and the photos you take, but hearing your voice and seeing your inflection made you all that much more loveable. Thanks for sharing your talents and warmth and sincerity.
This made me bawl. I remember long ago when I first started reading your blog what a dream this was for you. You are extremely talented and no one deserves this more than you.
Congratulations Amy! Here's to many, many more! :)
I'm just now seeing this and couldn't resist adding my congratulations to you along with all of your other readers. You have an incredible talent and I'm so happy that you were able to make your dream a reality. So awesome! (and happy birthday too!!)
congratulations amy! you so deserve the recognition, your photographs are amazing! it's not lame to be emtotional - i would be bawling! :)
ok, i saw you at xpedex a couple of weeks ago and i knew you were familiar - now i am kicking myself that i didn't say hi! i recognized you from the blog party! small world. congrats again.
amy - i just barely watched this today. but you are cracking me up - i love the video. it is just so stinkin sincere.
i can't wait to watch your next video when you share with us that you are starting your own magazine, because who are we kidding your stuff is amazing!!!
65 comments:
Please don't put me part of the draw.....I'm in EU, so far away and really so far in 2009 I have been spoiled a lot already BUT I wanted to say how nice it was to see you "nearly" IRL...Not good enough???? Please start really believing you are, for a long while already. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Enjoy the fame and be PROUD of YOU!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! Your pictures are amazing and you have every right to be proud. It was great to see you on video. I love to hear what peoples voices sound like. It helps complete who they are in my mind. I hope this is the beginning of many more publications for you. You deserve the praise.
I am so excited for you, how much fun is it to see what you do somewhere it can be appreciated by so many people. Congratulation!
Wow! That was brave and super cool. I admire you for putting yourself out there, for sharing your talents, and for being true to who you are.
That is so exciting, and I can imagine why you are thrilled! Congratulations. :-)
O, and I totally understand why they printed that picture, it is gorgeous!
What an amazing accomplishment, we are all proud of you!! Congrats!!
I am so excited for you. You are so talented...I can't wait to see the magazine. I am going to go & guy it. I am so proud of you, Amy. It has been so awesome to get back in touch w/ one another & see the talented person that you have become. I think you are amazing...beautiful in every way! I love you & I am so glad to have my friend back. CONGRATULATIONS!
Amazing Amy! What a great way to record your thoughts and emotions with this dream coming true. It does not surprise me at all, I love the way you capture life and how you go after your dreams. Congrats!!!
(please bring it to BBC this month?!?!)
I read your blog regularly, but I'm kind of shy about commenting, but this is such happy news that I had to say congratulations. When my sister Candice first was published in Creating Keepsakes, I remember her being just as thrilled and now she's a contributing editor. It could be you soon because, seriously, you are wonderful, and I hope that you know that!
Amy, I am a friend of Robyn's and I found you through her blog.
Let me tell you how cool I think it is that you got your photo published. I am a huge fan of yours. I LOVE your photos. I love the way your write. And I love the way you think and contemplate. I think so highly of you and you deserve any and all recognition that comes your way. Congratulations! It is a great photo -- just like so many of yours! :)
(P.S. I would have cried too)
Congratulations! What an accomplishment. So often we can feel like our talents aren't good enough. How amazing to get validation from an actual maggie. WOW-you should be so proud of all you have done and how far you have come. Well done and thank you for reminding us all that dreams can come true. I guess Adam's note was right.:)
Congrats Amy! I don't comment much, but I love your blog and I'm very inspired by you - You're awesome!
Hey Congratulations! What an incredible thing to have happen for you. I have always thought that you have an incredible talent for photography. You do some really beautiful work. Which is why I am surprised that you want to give away the money. I accidently let me subscrip run out, so I'm going to have to go and buy this one just to see it IRL. Congratulations once again! You are fab!
Amy, this is fantastic!!! Congratulations on being published. I'm so happy for you.
Holy Cow, how can you not think you would be good enough? Your photographs of your children and of nature and of "life" in your home often bring me to tears. Each picture is a beautiful treasure for your children, your family and to all of those who read and watch your blog.
Now - go look in the mirror and say the following:
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn, people like me!"---- and mean it!
(cause it's true!)
I saw your photo when I was looking at my magazine yesterday. I was so thrilled for you! I'm so sad that Simple won't be published anymore or certainly we'd see more of your stunning photography in there!
I used to comment every now and then, and I havent' commented for a long time, even though I still check your blog regularly. I just want to say how brave to put yourself out there on video and also Congratualtions for such a neat accomplishment. I really admire they way you express yourself and share yourself with the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.
What a thrill! I love Photography also and I could only dream of your excitement...Congratulations and it is a beautiful picutre!
Congratulations!...That's amazing!..I love your blog and your photography!!!
This post makes me so happy! I have been a reader for a while and I am always inspired by you, not only creatively but also spiritually. Congrats and thanks so much for all you do!
WOW! Congratulations! You totally had me crying. This is such an awesome achievement, though let me say that I am not the LEAST bit surprised b/c you are so talented and you are an amazing photographer. I am so happy for you. And you seemed totally natural on the video, by the way, I love that you shared it "in person" like that. Love you!
Hope you're feeling better.
Congratulations! I'm not commenting to win a give-away, but just to wish you my warmest congratulations. (the emotion in your video was not lame. it was real.)
What a beautiful photograph. And they video was great. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Amy,
I have been reading your blog religiously for the past year. I enjoy your stories, your love of your family, your relationships, especially with your husband. Your daughters are beautiful, as so are you. I love your hair!! Most of all I love your, they are so pure and say so much about you and your life. Whether it be a picture of a messy room, a picture of a beautiful flower, or a picture of your family. I feel truly connected to you and look forward to reading your posts everyday. Thanks for being a great read and inspiration throughout my days.
Liz
YEAH!!! I am jumping up and down inside for you right now! I am so happy that one of your many beautiful photos has been published. Beautiful photo. YEAH!!!
(don't put me in the drawing)
Congratulations! I am a huge fan of your photography...and of your wonderful words.
If you are a dork, so am I, because I seriously started crying too. Oh my.. you must feel so amazing. What an awesome dream to come true.
You know I've always loved your talent(s) and have always thought what a fantastic photographer you are. I'm glad you were able to showcase some of your work in such a recognized magazine.
I'm so happy for you. You really are tremendously talented. I often show your pictures to my husband and tell him how much I want to take pictures like you! Congratulations!
LOVE YOU! So awesome...that you videoed this, that you got published, that instead of rolling in that mound of cash (kidding) you are sharing your glee with the rest of us that include some who will never, never, no never be published in a scrapbook magazine. I love saying that I know you and that I wasn't surprised by your voice or your humility or your talent! I KNOW AMY!
Way to go. I wish I could hug you in person.
just wanted to say congrats amy! that is so awesome. how incredible to have such a dream come true. and how cute to think of your girls jumping up and down with you. i'm happy for you.
(no need to put me in the drawing).
WOW! Congratulations! That is so great you have every reaso to be emotional!
A fan and a follower! Way to Go!!!
Your video seriously brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on seeing your dream come true. The rest of us can all see how talented you are - you totally deserve the recognition.
It has been so long since I blogged on my own blog and even longer since I have jumped around on others' blogs. I always love clicking over to you and seeing your amazing talent. I too love photography but have yet taken the time to learn more about my camera and picture taking in general. Your photos make me smile and want to jump inside of them. Congratulations on the publication. No need to put me in the drawing. I believe I'm already a winner just by coming across your blog and your photography.
congrats on being published! your photography is amazing!
Congratulations! That is awesome, I will pick up the magazine next time I'm out! My subscription ran out about 3 months ago!! Thanks for sharing, It was nice to see you in person. I can really put a person with the WORDS!! I enjoy your blog daily!
Any, Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You are a very talented women who loves her sweet family and tries daily to improve the lifes of other by your photo and words. What clarity you have for your age. Lucky Adam, and girls.
Have a good day, Janet
Amy...okay, so I do know how to spell your name...oops! sorry about that! It is just that my
"50ish year old eyes" don't see as well as they used to when it is late at night. Janet
Congratulations Amy!!!!! This is so exciting! You must have been going crazy knowing about this since October and not sharing it until now. I think it's sweet that you shot this video and got choked up about it. It's a big accomplishment so it makes sense that it would be emotional for you. Way to go!!!!
When I saw you raise your copy of the magazine, I felt myself do a little dance in my chair for you! I have been so inspired by your photography. I especially love your series of self portraits with your family and in your studio. They encourage me to push myself a little bit further. I haven't shared any yet, but I am beginning to take more SPs, even though I have my own quirks to resolve regarding being photographed.
Thank you for your blog; for sharing your wisdom, your vulnerability, your closeness with your husband and your daughters. The growth and change you have experienced since you first began blogging is evident and you deserve every accolade you receive.
Many blessings and continued success!
So yours is the only "non family" blog I check into from time to time. The reason for this comment- winner or not- is to let you know that maybe it's because I'm a mom with the same DEEP satisfaction and passion for my kids, maybe it's the spirit I felt as I listened...whatever the reason...I was equally emotional for your success. Tears and all.
This is just the beginning for you because humility will go a LONG way. Thanks for the rawness (is that a word?) of the moment. Mmmm.
Amy Napier
P.S. I'm thinking that "Wicky- wicky woo...Peace OUT!" with your hands moving is always a good sign off if feeling awkward :)
...and because you don't know me...yes, I was kidding.
:)
P.S.S. If I was the one you randomly chose, I just realized that there is no contact information for me. I have removed the comment option on my family blog though I have left the feature on my intimacy blog. A strange place for winning kind of news- huh.
I guess if my name gets posted- I'll send you my email.
Peace OUT! (Wait does that mean I felt awkward?)
killing some time before a flight to mexico..and saw that you had a new post. congratulations AMY!! How wonderful..I love your work, you should be proud of yourself. I love that you got emotional..I would too!! ♥
Congratulations. I'm always moved (and surprised) by your humility. You are amazing!
congratlations to you! Also, it was so fun to hear your voice. You're writing has a very personal voice, but it was also nice to hear you. Congrautlations again.
Eekkk!! So excited for you!!
I loved the video...and happy tears are good!!
you earned the honor...
I love your photography. I am impressed that nearly every post has such remarkable photos...like they took a lot of planning, yet they appear mostly spontaneous.
Your pictures are amazing, you deserve this! Congrats!
I feel almost selfish commenting, because I'm not doing it for the money. I just wanted to make sure and tell you congrats! You deserve it with all you do!!! And I don't think there's anything quite like having a dream realized! Good job. :)
I read your blog quite often, I hope you don't mind....Your pictures are amazing!!! You actually inspired me to go take Mark's photography class to learn more. I loved it!!
What an awsome accomplishment!! Thanks for sharing...
I have just started following your blog and I'm definitely going to continue! I understand the emotion behind getting your photo in a magazine. I can't imagine the incredible feeling you must have! I've always hoped to get somewhere like that someday, and you have become my inspiration! I love to see dreams coming true in peoples lives.
Thank you for sharing your work and heart!
Congratulations on getting published! I love looking at your pictures and I love how you are using your word for the year so generously!
What an honor. No wonder you were emotional, that is just an affirmation of all the work and progress you have made along the way as an artist. I am so happy for you.
thanks for sharing this and congrats!!! love you!
wow.
i have been reading your blog for a long time, but have never commented. i had to today-- that video got me! you are so inspiring and so real. i can't wait to see your photograph in simple. thank you for all the words you've shared with so many you've never met. you are such a great person.
Amy, that video is so sweet. It is great to watch your emotions while you tell about a dream coming true.
That is really cool! Congrats!
Congratulations, Amy! That is seriously cool! I submitted layouts several times to SS and CK but never got published, I would have been thrilled as well. Needless to say, I'm not surprised that they recognized the high quality of your work. Hooray for a dream coming true!
p.s. I thought the ending of your video was adorable.
Congrats! That is so great! You have such amazing talent and we're just glad you share it with all of us. I love that you did a video. It's great to be able to hear your voice and get to know you a little better.
Amy, this is so incredible. I just saw this today and I'm so proud of you.
I'm so glad you posted a video. It's been wonderful knowing you through the words you write and the photos you take, but hearing your voice and seeing your inflection made you all that much more loveable. Thanks for sharing your talents and warmth and sincerity.
Amy, I am happy for you. You are a great photographer and I love your scrapbooks. Way to go!
esther
This made me bawl. I remember long ago when I first started reading your blog what a dream this was for you. You are extremely talented and no one deserves this more than you.
Congratulations Amy! Here's to many, many more! :)
I'm just now seeing this and couldn't resist adding my congratulations to you along with all of your other readers. You have an incredible talent and I'm so happy that you were able to make your dream a reality. So awesome! (and happy birthday too!!)
congratulations amy! you so deserve the recognition, your photographs are amazing! it's not lame to be emtotional - i would be bawling! :)
ok, i saw you at xpedex a couple of weeks ago and i knew you were familiar - now i am kicking myself that i didn't say hi! i recognized you from the blog party! small world. congrats again.
amy - i just barely watched this today. but you are cracking me up - i love the video. it is just so stinkin sincere.
i can't wait to watch your next video when you share with us that you are starting your own magazine, because who are we kidding your stuff is amazing!!!
way to go - on to the next dream huh!
Post a Comment