It's an assembly they've had since Bella started attending, but I've never actually been before. I had only intended on staying until Bella read her poem, which was about half way, but enjoyed it so much I decided to stay for the full hour. Each time the kids would sing tears swelled up in my eyes and I'd get all choked up. And forget about the Pledge of Allegiance, I was a mess. With all the talk that's been on the news lately it gave me goosebumps to hear the children recite it. It was very powerful and inspirational and I left with an overwhelming feeling of hopefulness. These children are our future--everything will be just fine.

A hero's like a lion,
Bold and fast and free.
A heart full of confidence,
That decides what it will be.
When people picture heroes,
They think of strength and power,
But sometimes heroes can even be,
The one who cares of others each hour.
A hero's a beacon that guides the pack,
A lantern in the night,
A lighthouse in a violent storm,
An angel who brings light.
There are simple children,
Who share their laughter and fun.
They can make the biggest difference,
And that's the power of one.
Bold and fast and free.
A heart full of confidence,
That decides what it will be.
When people picture heroes,
They think of strength and power,
But sometimes heroes can even be,
The one who cares of others each hour.
A hero's a beacon that guides the pack,
A lantern in the night,
A lighthouse in a violent storm,
An angel who brings light.
There are simple children,
Who share their laughter and fun.
They can make the biggest difference,
And that's the power of one.
9 comments:
Wow.. you definitely have reason to be proud of your girl..and thank God for the land of the free and the home of the brave!
I'm surprised they're having a big assembly like this so early in the year. That's cool that she wrote that and that she read it. Did you take video?
All choked up. I love your child.
What a great, great poem. The power of one.
That poem is beautiful! I'm very impressed!
bella's poem is amazing. I keep crying too, it surprised me how much I feel after so long. thanks for sharing bella's work, love it.
You have an poet on your hands, I LOVE IT! Bella, it's beautiful! YOu are an amazing writer! That
s just the most beautiful thing I think I have ever heard/read! I would love to have heard her read it, would be even more powerful....way to go raising such a beautiful child!
tara
Wow. the power of words. And from such a young girl. Very very emotional. This is such a strange time here in the NYC area. Very somber, yet hopeful too. It's amazing to me to think that it has been 10 years since that day. I remember it so vividly. Thanks for sharing Bella's poem... xo
What a beautiful poem by Bella. It moved me to tears.
Post a Comment