Tuesday, August 22, 2006

my new year

i woke up Monday morning and realized i have one week left. my life is changing and i will be implementing my new schedule. you see, september is my new year. it is the time in my life for resolutions and reevaluation. for fall cleaning and organization. as i look at my life the last few months i realize i haven't been good to myself. my body is suffering due to the lack of sleep, no exercise, and not eating good. this obviously affects what i have energy for so the one thing i am focusing on first.

my goals

  1. i want to be up, some days showered, dressed, exercised and ready to go; other days up and at least ready to go to the gym all before my kids wake up.
  2. i want to be in bed no later than 10:30-11pm.
  3. i want to eat better. healthier. consistently throughout the day.
  4. go to bed with a clean house so i wake up with a clean house. this makes a huge difference to my day.

these four things will do wonders for my life. exercise alone will make a huge difference, but it obviously can't be done unless i have rested.

one of the things i am looking forward to this school year is 3 afternoons a week alone. i am really hoping i can dedicate one to two of those afternoons to being creative so i won't feel the need to do it late at night.

i am looking forward to this fall. it's got all the makings of a really good year.

7 comments:

Jill said...

How excellent of you to make a list of goals for the fall. I should do that too. I think as mothers it's so important that we get enough sleep and that we eat well otherwise it affects our moods and we take it out on the kids. It will be so nice to have Bella and Tess in school and Megan napping, so that you can have some quiet time in the afternoon to regroup.

I totally think cleaning the house before going to bed is a great tip. We have the kids pick up all their stuff before going to bed and then I make sure the kitchen and family room are clean. Our house is small so it's not that hard to do, but I think it's because I never let it get really bad that it ends up being doable in a short amount of time. I can't deal with waking up to a mess, so this way works great for me.

Wendy Sue said...

Love the idea of making a new beginning in the fall! We're moving too, so this seems like a great time to do just that. I sure enjoy your reading your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

You motivate me. I have thrown exercising out the window this last month and I can feel the drop in energy/happiness, etc. I am going to do the same. How lucky that you will have 3 afternoons to yourself! I will have 3 mornings with just the twins at home (doesn't quite sound like much of a break to me yet, but I'm sure there will be a difference with not having to play referee all day with my oldest!! :) )

Anonymous said...

I really like every one of those goals. I need to implement them for myself.

Good luck! :)

Dana

Anonymous said...

Ames, I enjoyed reading your new goals and wondered how September became your "new year". I wanted to share that the "go to bed organized with a clean home" thing has been my moto forever now. Even yesterday I came home with Costco stuff and had to divide and wrap all that food, and had so much I wanted to get done before bed so I could start Friday with a full day's worth of hours ahead of me instead of losing 3 of them to yesterday's work. Know what I mean? Anyway, Tom was at a meeting and I got this vision of having it all done before he got home. I raced around and finished the vacuuming, gathered up my photos, put away the frames, cleaned up the kitchen, put a load in the washer, and even ran out and used the edger on the lawn and got it all swept up! He came home at 9:40 and I had even finished updating our family's photo for my mom's house! Voila! Today I was free to do what I really wanted, so I danced.

skbkmjfamily said...

I love this idea. I think I might have to start doing this with the school year than with the rest of the world.

I love what your list is. I think sometimes we forget about "us" and don't realize that when we feed our needs, and balance that with family, than we truly can feel and appreciate our families and our lives more.

Amy said...

Great goals! These are the ones that I always strugle with--especially the one about being up and ready in the morning. MY day goes so much better when I am, but I just can't drag myself out of bed to do it! Ok, so I struggle with going to bed early too. I hate going to bed early, and with a baby who still wakes up at night (or at least very early in the morning), it's become necessary. Isn't it funny how the things that make us feel best are also the hardest to do?

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...