Monday, April 30, 2007

can you believe this??

First off I have to say I have missed you all. It's been a week since I've really sat down and read anyone's blog so I totally feel out of the loop. I hate this feeling and hope you will all understand and I ease my way back in this week, since it's another crazy week.

I have of course been really busy today. When are Monday's not this way I ask? I have a strange week ahead of me so I have a lot to get done before the day ends; however, I wanted to share this with you because it's pretty cool.

A couple weeks ago I got an email from Gabrielle, the design mom herself, who runs the website Design Mom. She asked me to be a guest mom and to post for a week on her site. I have to say I was shocked. Completely shocked. I found her cool site thanks to Jordan, and have enjoyed discovering her awesome ideas, but never thought I would participate as a guest design mom. I guess you just never know what opportunities will come your way. Thanks Gabrielle!

So if you want to check out my posts this week visit designmom.com. I will throw a disclaimer out there, for those of you who have read my blog for longer than 6 months you may get some repeats, but when putting my posts together this is what I really wanted to share with a larger audience. Let me know what you think.

BTW if you've recently filed for a passport do I send my actual documentation or a photo copy? ie birth certificate and DL. I have no idea what I'm doing.

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW and Congratulations! I'll be checking out the Design Mom site. Very cool opportunity! :D

Crystalyn said...

great to hear from you today!

i saw that kristi commented you were going to be on. not a shock to me at all. ( : how exciting for you! i can't wait to take a look see.

as far as documentation send copies. what an exciting spring you're having!

i too look forward to getting together again soon.

Anonymous said...

You have been missed! It was delightful to see you appear on Design Mom this morning. So exciting!

everything pink! said...

amy. so great it is really exciting.

jenny said...

How fun. I actually have been reading your blog for longer than 6 months and even I learned some new things. I LOVE your collage. Congrats!

Kristy said...

I saw your post this morning on DM and was immediately thrilled for you. Congratulations!

Mandy said...

congratulations! That is very cool that you have a spot on her blog this week.

Price Cream Parlor said...

What a shock to see you this morning on DM! I must have missed the post from Kristi announcing this! How exciting!
CA? Did you have a great time? Welcome back!

TX Girl said...

I cannot wait to check out Design Mom this week. You are a perfect contributor.

You send the actual documents. Don't worry- you will get them back. I highly recommend expediting everything. They are REALLY behind and it is taking almost 3-4 weeks to get back a non-expedited passport.

Where are you going?

Jordan said...

Good to see you back here AND there!!

Dana said...

I just discovered the DM blog this morning through your link and I am excited to see you "shine in another garden!"

I really find you inspiring (as a photographer, artist and individual) and think of your words often as I try and find peace in my chaotic little life!

welcome back!

Elizabeth said...

Hope you had a great time in California. I love the guest Mom posts on Design Mom. I am so excited to check yours out.

Unknown said...

It has been a while since I got my passport, but I believe you have to send the actual documentation. At least an actual copy of the birth certificate. I don't think I sent in my DL though...maybe a notorized copy? You get everything back though...and SO excited to see you on Design Mom, going to check it out now! Welcome back.

The Silly Witch said...

Okay, so you win my award for the most beautiful blog I've ever seen. Your pictures are incredible.

melanie said...

Amy this is awesome! You have such amazing talent and what is even more amazing is that you love to share it here with us.

I've missed your posts and I'm glad it was for something as happy as this. Post on...

carlo said...

our amy is a star! that is so wonderful. not shocking to us, but so wonderful for you!

go amy, go!

i am playing catch up myself so i was very excited to see your good news. woowoo!

Amy said...

amy, that is exciting news... i will have to check it out!!!

cant wait to hear more about your trip :)

Anna said...

It has been a few years since I got my passport, but if I remember correctly I had to send in the originals of my birth certificate, etc. You do get it back though. There are post office centers that do passport paperwork, so ask them..they will know.

annalisa said...

What a compliment! It was fun to see your appearance on that blog.

michelle said...

Woohoo! SO exciting!!

And, we sent in our passport applications 9 weeks before our travel date and still ended up having to have them overnighted. So do it as soon as possible!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...