Tuesday, May 01, 2007

spt - treasure

When I first read Lelly's post my first thought was of my family and particularly my relationship with my husband. I treasure what we have. What we have created together. Man I feel like a lucky girl to have him. Of course that's not the size of a deck of cards, in fact it doesn't have a size at all.

Last month I talked about my favorite necklace here and what it means to me so I've racked my brain as to what I treasure...something tangible, something small.

Ok I'm breaking the rules again. I know it's not that small, but it could be, mine just doesn't happen to be. My camera is something I treasure. Most often than not I walk around taking pictures of the world I see. I picture things in my mind and want to recreate it. How awesome that we have a device that will capture life and allow us to hold on to those moments forever. My photography is something I need...truly need each and ever day. I guess you could say that's the sole reason I don't want to go into business. I don't want to loose what I have found and fear others expectations will take that away from me. Photography is my art. An expression of myself. It's capturing that perfect moment and seeing me, the real me in my creation. It's not what others want, it's what I see and how I feel. I'm sure I could live without it (if I absolutely had to), but quite honestly I don't ever want to try.

18 comments:

jenny said...

I am realizing the more I am without my camera the more I treasure it. Great post. I couldn't agree more.

Amy said...

so true and well written amy...

love the photo!

Dana said...

I feel exactly the same as you and Jenny do about my camera.

I recently took a Photograph of a sculture in the park which my mom did not like and could not find any beauty in. Later on, when she saw me reviewing the photographs from that afternoon on the computer, she commented that the sculpture really had a beautiful side that she didn't see in the park.

In that moment, the pride that I felt in my art was immense and i felt I could truly call myself a photographer.

You are blessed in your many talents Amy, and I visit everyday, excited to see what treasure you have to share. :)

Price Cream Parlor said...

Rule breaker! HA! Love this - and I, too, am in love with my camera! I hope to one day photograph as well as you do! Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

I love my camera too, but wish I had yours. I hope to someday learn to take great pictures just like you. Great idea.

Allison said...

Great post! You are amazing behind the lens. I wish I was as talented as you.

stacy{s} said...

I love that you realize that your art is too precious to commercialize. So often if you are good at something, the World's sign of success is to make money at it. But a job is still a job even if you love it. And having a way to express youself is priceless. I love this post and am very inspired by it. Thanks for sharing it. I needed to remember this about myself too. Great spt. And good luck on Design Mom this week!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." -Christopher Morley

sista # 2 said...

Love your thoughts and photo! I can see your view of not making this a 'business', and like how you still bless others by giving them 'gifts' of your photography!-Janae

andrea said...

I too love my camera. Your photographs are among some of the most amazing I've seen. You truly have a gift.

carlo said...

wonderful spt. your pics capture so much and say so much.

Mandy said...

I have always loved taking pictures, but after I had Ryley, they became almost a necessity. A camera is something I am truly grateful to have, to capture the daily memories. Loved your post!

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's so wonderful to have a device that can capture moments -- what a gift. And, what a gift to have the eye that you do to take such amazing photos.

Amy said...

it's okay that you cheated. I love seeing your pictures always!

Crystalyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystalyn said...

amy i can see why you chose this and it fits you perfectly. it is so much of you and you wouldn't be you without it. not only is it a valuable treasure for you, but you have created most valuable treasures for others with it.

annalisa said...

Get the right deck of cards and it's be smaller :). I've had this post open all day and am finally commenting, but I'm glad I waited so I can say I would love to do lunch. Alexis would love meeting Bella.

Elizabeth said...

That is worth breaking the rules for. We are all happy you love your camera so much also.

michelle said...

I know you love your camera -- and it is a great one -- but not everyone who had a camera like yours could take photos like yours. You have the eye, Amy, and that is an even bigger treasure. So glad you don't have to live without either!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...