
We all have things we don't like about ourselves, don't we? I mean I wish it weren't that way, but sadly I think it's true. Problem is with me the things I don't like don't go away when I convert to blk & wht. I see them looking back at me every time I look in the mirror. I feel them every night as I kneel down to pray for guidance to get it right and to do my best the next day. They're always there to remind me I'm not perfect and I don't have to be perfect. Life is for living, for learning from my experiences, for loving the crooked nose I was born with and being grateful for the health I enjoy each day. For embracing a messing room, an unmade bed, and dishes in the sink. For victories (even as random as can be), for accepting failures, letting go, and moving on. For doing, actively serving so as to find the woman I am striving to be. For being grateful for all that I have, finding good in the bad, and stretching myself beyond what is comfortable.
Life is for enjoying, living boldly and in color!
(of course blk&wht is good sometimes too :)
10 comments:
beautiful photo. beautiful words.
Good words. We would never see the beauty of God's grace if we were perfect!
I love the visual of stretching yourself beyond what is comfortable. So many people avoid doing and saying things because they make them 'uncomfortable'. So what? How do you grow if you remain in your comfort zone? This is SO well put Amy! I am so glad you did this one.
This is great, Amy. I'm one who has a very hard time moving beyond what is comfortable. A good reminder.
first, you are so beautiful and photogenic, beautiful photo. second, you have a great ability to articulate what you feel, I love that. I agree with your words, I am working on embracing the same things in my life, learning and growing as I go. Lucky for me, most of my freckles go away in black and white, unlucky for me, I love in color. So I must embrace the freckles.
oh yeah...when I look at that foto all I can see is the mangled nose that looks like it was caught in an escalator grill. I have to look past an awful lot to love you, I think that is obvious to anyone who visits your site. I love you even with your resemblance to Marty Feldman
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=marty+feldman&btnG=Google+Search...am
I appreciate the mangled nose comment. Maybe you should be a witch for Halloween.
Beautiful photo. Beautiful you. Inside and out.
Your photo says so much to me. Your words even more.
love what you wrote. i have looked at your blog a couple of times, and i really enjoy looking. thanks for the inspiration.
Absolutely fabulous post! Thank you for your continued inspiration and reflection.
P.S. I once had a mangled nose. I was quite sensitive about it because a boy I liked in high school once referred to it as a "gonzo" nose and shattered my confidence. I thought I was plagued with it for the rest of my life until my mom, who also had a mangled nose, suggested that we fix them. Two plastic surgeries later the noses were fixed.
I've learned a lot about myself in the last 10 years and wonder if I still would get my nose fixed now if I hadn't back then...and you know, I don't think I would. I've come to a sort of peace within myself that I truly wish I had 10 years earlier.
Thanks again for the post!
Post a Comment