Monday, October 15, 2007

schedule changing



Those of you who know me well, know how much I love being home, how much I savor the non-scheduled time in my life, how I like to take things slow. Seriously what has happened? Yesterday I was reviewing the coming week and it occurred to me that my life has gone from semi busy to just flat out crazy busy. I'm not sure how it happened or when, but as I continued to look over the calender ahead I pretty much have something going on everyday and night, and I know with the arrival of the Holidays it will be just one thing after another.

Sigh.

Gone are the times that I make up my own schedule and my kids for that matter. Gone are the times where I could be in PJ's for most of the morning. Gone are the times of scheduling around a nap. Gone are the times where I could go days without getting in my car.

I knew this day would come, that one day I would no longer rule my schedule, that one day my physical weariness would change into emotional weariness (though right now I feel I am facing both), but even though I face craziness, I am determined not to let it run my life. I have been really trying to live the good, better, best rule since conference...reminding myself to evaluate what is the best use of time for me and my family. I think that has helped me to be ok with how busy life is becoming, hopefully making the best decisions for all of us and seeing the fruits of our labors benefit our life.

So life is crazy right now. I surprise myself by saying, I'm ok with that. Life changes, ebbs and flows...It is ok.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

emotional weariness? how is that possible when you have an able bodied servant at home to take care of your every need? am

Anonymous said...

Wow. Love the photo!

Bond Girl 007 said...

I admire you...changes are always soo hard for moi...attitude I guess is what makes you look at the best in situations

Unknown said...

Love that capture, you are a true photographer, I have never seen something like that when looking at that sculpture, you amaze me woman! As for life and crazy...those are my middle names. I love how you talked about conference. I too have been evaluating my life, trying to do the same and accept everything coming at me full force. Feeling so thankful to have come here today and realize I am not alone! Hang on for the ride, I am sure it only gets better!

Liz said...

Neat photo! I can relate to the crazy busy thing. It is scary how quickly it changes from slow and easy to out of control busy! I hope you get some down time mixed in there!

Robyn said...

I like how you said the "best use of time" for you and your family. That phrase really stuck out to me in Sister Beck's conference talk about mothers. It reminds us how we don't HAVE to do all of those things that keep us busy. We have to learn to choose and make priorities. I thought that was good. I know exactly what you're talking about. My life just goes by at light speed. I have given up on waiting for it to slow down. I just wish I could catch up!!!

Jill said...

Adam's comment is funny.

I feel your pain with this as I'm in it myself. Sure the kids are in school most of the day, but I still have home stuff to do, and then all their stuff later in the day so my days rarely feel calm anymore. I try to talk myself through it because none of it is especially difficult or a big deal, it's just mental clutter on my calendar and I need to just go with it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can completely relate to this. I am a homebody at heart, and fondly remember the days when I could stop and realize it had been days since I had seen the inside of my car. Love your attitude about it though. At the stage of life we're in, it won't be changing any time soon. Might as well embrace it. (I'm still working on that!)

skbkmjfamily said...

AMEN!!!! After 6 weeks of living in a car nonstop, only to be inside my home to finish this or that and than out I was. Not busy doing things I loved or really wanted, but just busy being the mom. Elder Oaks stopped my car tires right in their tracks, and like you I realized that school was not the quite change I was looking forward too. My quite days are now fast lane, and I think I might have missed a lane or two.

Thanks for the awesome words

Anonymous said...

Ames, I remember that day so well in my own life when I felt just so overwhelmed that I didn't even want to do any of it anymore. Lori was 8 years old and I was making her a Halloween costume in Grand Rapids, MI. I just felt there was no time "in between" the have-tos. It seemed like every moment was a have to. It's great that we've learned that rule from Gen. Conference. I hope it helps b/c we must learn to enjoy the ride.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...