
Megan has, for the last few weeks or so, been wanting to read. She is a lot like Bella where she's the one pushing to want to do it. Each time she comes up with an idea like this on her own I think, how could i have been so blind. I guess to me she is still just a little girl who couldn't possibly be old enough to read. At some point I'm going to have to realize she's growing up. My baby isn't a baby any more.
So last week we went to the library and got her a bunch of books recommended by Tess' reading teacher. They are the perfect beginner books and wish I had bought them years ago for Bella and Tess to enjoy. She is actually doing a fabulous job. Much better than I initially thought she would. I hope this will be the first of many hours with her nose in a book.
9 comments:
Oh I love these books! I bought a set of 20 at Costco awhile ago and they are the books my E learned to read with. So great. And the illustrations aren't too bad either. So exciting that she wants to read so badly. What a photo to cherish as well.
That's so impressive that Meg wants to read! I wish Olivia would get more excited about it. She likes to be read TO but when I try to teach anything she gets annoyed and says, "Just read!". I will have to check out these books. I am sure one of these days it will just click for her. It's like potty training, if you ask me. They'll do it when they're ready. Good for Megan!
i am sure with seeing a mama who reads as much as you, she will be a total bookworm. reading rocks---its so good you're encouraging it....okay, i sound like an English teacher. ; )
Best quality a girl could have, in my opinion:)
Keep it up Megan!
aw she's so cute! i'm sure she'll pick it up in no time.
Ooh, a whole new world is about to open up to her! It's exciting for me to see anyone get excited about reading.
It is hard to realize that your baby isn't a baby anymore, isn't it?
we had these, they were in a cute little box with a magnetic closure...ahhhh sweet times. what a wonderful picture to treasure this time! Now mine is 8 and reading Nacey Drew and wanting me to read her Secret Garden. Oh, how fast that happens!
Awesome! I have never heard of these books and my library leaves much to be desired as far as beginner reader books go. Go Megan go!
What an exciting time! My oldest just turned 3, so I'm still the one reading. But he LOVES books and wants me to read pile after pile. I hope he never loses that. By the way, you are an awesome photographer for your girls. They are going to love looking back at this lovely blog someday.
Post a Comment