Friday, May 15, 2009

just the 3 of us



It's just Tess, Megan, and I holding down the fort tonight while Adam is in Vegas enjoying the 100 degree weather (not) and Bella is spending the evening with her best cousin Whitney. Jill graciously invited her over because her boys are at a campout tonight.

This evening started out rough for me after falling asleep when I got home around 4pm and not waking up until 6pm. I had a hard time recovering from my apparently much needed nap, I guess my 530am mornings are catching up to me.



Lucky for me I had Megan and Tess to force me out of it. We spent the remainder of the evening outside enjoying the weather. The girls made beds for potato bugs and we eventually went on a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood.

first step to making the perfect potato bug bed

picking the bedding

second step

making beds

third step


finding bugs


fourth step

introducing them to their new beds

It was a delightful evening that ended for them at 9:45pm. I fear mine will drag on much longer with my nap so I'm hoping the late night for them will mean a late morning tomorrow...especially since my early raiser is with her cousin.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Hope you get to sleep in this morning!

I love the bug beds. I will have to do that with my kids.

Hope the weekend goes quickly for you w/o Adam! Are you glad you didn't go?

christie said...

My kids love potato bugs too! Ah, the simple pleasures of life. I remember my brother stuck one up his nose when he was little & it curled in a ball. My mom had a rough time getting it out!

Jill said...

How delightful to get a Friday afternoon nap, even if it was hard to shake off later.

The bug beds are adorable.

Lucy said...

I never play with bugs. Ever. And I have boys that because I'm squeamish, don't like bugs either. You make it look all precious with your soft light and angles, but I know....they are still bugs:)

Hope the rest of your weekend goes just as well.

Anonymous said...

We just made roly-poly beds this morning! They are one bug that I don't mind my girls playing with.

I hope the weekend has gone fast for you!

TX Girl said...

I really loved this little snap shot into your life. You took some beautiful photos sister.

Unknown said...

Hope you got to sleep in. Love the documentation of the Potato Bug Beds. Mine were doing this the other day, wish I would have thought to grab the camera. Such childhood innocence. LOVE IT.

michelle said...

Those bug beds are adorable! Great shots.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...