
[layout from the early days 2002, click here to enlarge]
To this day the tradition continues and it's something they all look forward to on the weekends. I hear a lot, especially from Megan, "Is today bagel day?"...the countdown begins on Sunday. For the most part I don't go with them, it's their thing, but occasionally I will. They told me they talk about what's on their mind, which can be anything, like when I was told Megan proclaimed each boy in her class has a crush on her, and then sometimes Adam give them riddles to keep them thinking.





[photos taken last Saturday May 9]
I love that the tradition we had years ago of walking to the bagel store on Saturday mornings has transitioned to quality time with the girls. As we were walking out to the car after documenting the morning I thought, one of these days, in about 12-14 years, they will be adults (crazy thought) and I hope they will be as excited to go get a bagel with their dad as they were today. Other than living away from home, I can't imagine what would keep them away.
P.S. yes, we really ought to buy stock in Einstein bagels.
8 comments:
i love this post! makes me want to think about and document *ordinary* traditions we have that might not be so *ordinary* after all...
Talk about a great tradition. Something so simple and yet something that creates lasting memories.
I love the tradition of bagel day and think it's so endearing that Adam takes them to do this every Saturday morning so you can sleep in.
Whenever your girls stay with us I make sure we are stocked up on bagels so we can have the home version of bagel day.
This is a really adorable tradition. And what better place than Einsteins?
So sweet, what an amazing husband. Love all the photos.
What a fun tradition! Perhaps they will get a job there when they are teens and can then bring the bagels home for everyone!
I love that you have photodocumentation of this tradition!
What a wonderful tradition! I love that Adam does this -- it benefits everyone, what could be better?
I think Lisa might really be onto something with the girls getting a job there!
Your girls have such a great dad ; )
Post a Comment