The party was crazy. At some point during the middle of it I thought, We've made a huge mistake (said Will Arnett style from Arrested Development). Adam, of course, was amazing with the kids. He can easily get them to laugh and he's so great at making them feel like a million bucks. I, on the other hand, felt like a chicken with my head cut off...trying to over see one game and take photos of another, forgetting to cook the hotdogs on time, and scanning the crowd for the one child who was left alone to get them involved. Madness I tell you.


mummy hotdogs

Lori thanks for helping frost the cupcakes on your day off.

eyeball relay race

witches hat toss


[Our bowling game idea was the best idea of the party. It entertain kids for hours on end. Here's a close up of the pins.]
When it was all said and done I was worried it wasn't as fun as it could have been, but everyone assured me it was fabulous. I need to do better at reminding myself that friends + games + treats = a good time. All and all I would say it was a learning experience, I will definitely know next year, if we do it again, what not to do.
One more thanks to Jill, Robyn, Lori, Jared and my friends Marissa and Joe for helping us clean our house after the party. I've decided as much as I like to think I can do things myself I really do need help.
6 comments:
looks like the perfect party to me!awesome job
Looks like fun (for them). And a lot of work for you. How nice to have help from family and friends. I'm sure the littles had a great time.
SOOO cute. Love all the game ideas. I am putting them in my file. I'll bet the kids had a blast. A lot of work for you.... It stresses me out just looking at it!
I think your party looks like it turned out super cute! I love the hot dogs and those cupcakes are so cute. What did you use for the mummy eyeballs on the cupcakes?
Pat yourself on the back, I think it all turned out great!
It was fabulous! All your hard work was totally worth it. Thanks for having a great party.
Madness for sure. That's a lot of kids! Looks like a ton of work for you and Adam, but I bet your kids will remember that for years to come.
Post a Comment