


Oregon is beautiful. Gorgeous is probably more fitting. I learned that the first time I went, but was reminded again of the magnificence that is Oregon. I wonder if the Oregonians know and appreciate how beautiful it is?



You can't wait too long to eat at Mother's Bistro, definitely worth the wait. Thank you so much Marcey for suggesting it.



The iphone is a life saver when out of town, love the GPS, though it didn't help us find a movie theater that was literally right under our nose. We actually flipped a u-turn in the parking lot. I know, don't even say it.


Waffles coated in sugar and butter topped with lemon panna cotta, peaches, berries, and whipped cream is the best afternoon snack...ever. Though I'm quite certain the nutella and banana version or the one with caramel, nuts, and ice-cream would have been equally fabulous.
Sunday is probably the wrong day to visit the Tillamook Cheese visitor center. The line for ice-cream was about 100 people deep...no lies.





There is always second changes to see Lighthouses...and I thought I'd never get back to it. There was one Adam and I missed during our lighthouse tour of '06. Crazy that I was finally able to cross Cape Meres off my must see list. Totally worth it.




The Oregon coast is the perfect get away when it's a steamy 90 degrees at home. A high of 60 had me giving thanks for the break. I think I may not have as hard a time as I anticipated welcoming in the fall. Loved wearing sweaters.

When a friend asks you if you'd like to get out of town for a few days...you go. We laughed, people watched, had meaningful conversations, and enjoyed ourselves immensely if I do say so myself. Thank you Amy. I had a fabulous time. Oh, and never forget to check your self portraits before moving on or you could end up wearing a hat. Check this.



the coast provides one fantastic light show.




Photography brings me so much happiness & pleasure. I could think of nothing better than walking around finding picture after picture.

[photo by amyw]
Like I said in an earlier post time away definitely gives me a deeper appreciation for my life. I am grateful for the moments of quiet, the moments to reflect, the moments of laughter, the moments to remember all is well...
xxox
amy
**************************************************************************
P.S. Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is the 12th and you know what that means...another month of 12of12. Crazy to think this is the last mouth of the summer. Happy shooting and remember it's never to late to begin.
**************************************************************************
P.S. Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is the 12th and you know what that means...another month of 12of12. Crazy to think this is the last mouth of the summer. Happy shooting and remember it's never to late to begin.
16 comments:
You made me excited to be heading there in a few weeks. It truly is so beautiful and the mention of cool weather makes me almost not be able to stand it. I think the heat index was 114 degrees to day in the midwest - YUCK!!!!
I have been to Mother's and loved it. Glad you had such a great trip.
quite possibly my best friend trip to date. Such a wonderful time full of amazing memories.
Thanks for sharing it with me.
xxox
Thanks for sharing! I miss Oregon. I grew up just south of Portland in Lake Oswego. And, yes, we Oregonians do appreciate the beauty! So fun to look at your photos! You are a great photographer! Glad you guys had a enjoyable get-away!
Don't be sorry! It's always a pleasure to look at your beautiful photographies!! I like what and how you shot things...
Thank you for sharing!
One of my favorite places on earth. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo's!
I recognize a few of those places from my trip there in '08. Oregon is definitely one of the most beautiful places on earth.
We lived in Oregon for almost four years. It is not that you don't appreciate it, it is more you wish you could appreciate it more than the wonderful rain that happens all too often. I loved Oregon, I loved the green trees year around, the atmosphere, the people. I just wish that I could say I enjoyed the october to almost may of no sun, rain that makes it impossible to go anywhere or see anything. I will take Oregon any time, if I could just have lived without the 40 days of non stop rain. I am glad you enjoyed it. This is the perfect time of year to go to the coast.
Katie i totally get that. i think it would be really hard to live in the gray for too long. it is beautiful place to visit, though, especially when it super hot at home.
*Sigh* I loved everything about this post, thank you for sharing. I am an Oregonian (transplanted in the South right now), raised in Corvallis just an hour and half from the coast and two from Portland. Went to college there, taught school there, had our first baby there... I've eaten at Mother's, walked the coast, eaten too much Tillamook ice cream and cheese and absolutely love the rain. My family is still there and this made me miss it terribly. You're right there is no place like it!! Did you get to do any hiking while you visited? Amazing pictures :)
Sickeningly great photos Amy, I'm glad you got to go. Trips like that are great boosts to the soul, especially when you're left with a memory card full of greatness.
The handstand photo is great!
Oh how I love Oregon. I've been there only a few times, but I'll be living there in just a couple of weeks. Your pictures made me even more excited to settle there permanently!
I love everything about this post! Now you need to come to London.
I LOVE Oregon. Your photos really do it justice!
Made me miss 'home'. Looks like a fantastic trip!
Love these. My best friend moved with her family to Portland 2 years ago for 3 years and they love it. Nearly European, they say..
Oh, you captured Oregon so beautifully! It made me totally homesick. I loved each photo!
Post a Comment