Tonight was one of those night where all I really wanted to do was get in bed. From the moment dinner was over and the dishes were underway I could think of nothing else. As Adam was walking out the door I asked the girls what their plans were for the next hour and they said, "
playing a game with you." I took a deep breath, seeing my evening plans crumble, but knowing my bed could wait a little longer, I asked, "
what game?"

Jenga it was.

It took a game or two for everyone to find their "jenga" rhythm, but we did get there and we had the best time doing it together. I'm grateful tonight I listened to them and not my achy body because I'm going to bed with a bigger smile, a fuller heart, than when I started.
xoxo
9 comments:
I love this, Gretchen. I need to "listen" more often. Wonderful reminder.
i freakin' love this. look at the intensity in tess's face! and i LOVE that you captured the fall and everyone's reaction. score!
xxoo
Good for you! Not just listening but hearing and doing. I have to do that. What a wonderful evening :)
That's "being a mom"!!! Hard but wonderful job!!!
I love this post! Thanks for the reminder to play with my kids more :)
you're a great mom, amy. i struggle with the nighttime exhaustion too, and I have to remind myself that when I make the choice to give just a little more time to my kids at bedtime it ends the day better not only for them but me too as well. love jenga, by the way, thank you for reminding me about it---I need to pull it out!
These photos are priceless. I'm so glad you captured it all. Look at Bella in the last one! Pure joy!
Awesome!
Love it! This post just made me have a huge smile on my face. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Post a Comment