Sunday, November 13, 2011

12of12 | November


[click here to enlarge]

01. Tess started the day off right by getting her school essay finished. I love to see when my kids take charge of their homework instead of waiting for a nudge from me.
02. A Saturday morning breakfast bagel--at home. They are missing their dad.
03. The wind was crazy strong last night and even this morning. Despite the fact that my tree is getting pounded by the breeze, the leaves continue to hang on.
04. Thought it was funny that Tess and Megan needed each other to put the vacuum away.
05. Fulfilling Megan's request for a "high" ponytail.
06. Finally got to talk with Adam via FaceTime. It was nice to not only see him, but be able to enjoy the scenery from his end (ocean) as he told us about his trip.
07. Last minute laundry before leaving the house.
08. All of us after the movie, Puss in Boots. It was better than I thought it would be. We were missing Jill, Randy, and Landon though, who were at the hospital. Sadly, Landon came home from camping with a broken elbow. Poor guy. Sending out prayers to him--would you please do the same.
09. As we drove home the rain turned to slush turned to snow.
10. Take out linner (lunch/dinner) for me.
11. Enjoying a book & hot chocolate while the girls enjoy their cousins.
12. Snow.

I've been lucky this week while Adam's been away to be surrounded by friends, and today was no exception as I was able to spend time with family. It was a full, gray day that ended with snow, cousins, and hopefully good news for Landon.

I hope your Saturday, and weekend, has been good in every way. Don't forget to share it with us.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful and productive day. I'm not looking forward to the snow, that's for sure, but yours is so pretty!

Christy said...

First linky did not work due to user error! Not sure if I fixed it or not. Love to see the face time done right on your phone. I see an upgrade in our future. I'm so happy that you have family near by to help when the hubs is gone!

kylee said...

getting homework done early is such a good feeling. i need to make that happen more often in my life. as much as i claim to hate snow i actually like it deep down. i just don't like driving in it really.

TX Girl said...

I was in your neck of the woods for my 12x12. long layover= lunch at hires and a little family bonding. my kids loved a little chance to revel in the snowstorm. we got home and it was a balmy 71 degrees.

i'm glad you got to have a little face time. i know being away from my adam for a week was awfully long!

i hope all went well with Landon. poor guy.

Laura said...

Your day looked nice and cozy. I love your shot reading your book. It looks like a wonderful place to read.

The Dayleys said...

I may be a wee bit jealous of your snow fall. Happy valley has let us down every time they weather man claims snow is headed our way :(

Cafe Rio is one of my absolutely favorite meals ever!!

I pray that Adam has safe travel home. I'm lucky I've never needed to use face time .I am grateful for my hubby's job that keeps him close to home!

trulymegs said...

Love the snow picture! Wonder if it will be coming my way....

Anonymous said...

Snow!!! already:-). love the picture where you're talking with Adam! And as you said the other day, time goes by so fast! really enjoyed this 12of12 year:-)

Skidmore Seven said...

As always I enjoy the perspective in which you photograph your day. The snow looks beautiful; it almost makes me want it to snow here. What a perfect afternoon for some cafe rio and a good book.

Jill said...

I was bummed to miss the outing to the movies.

Thanks so much for taking Whitney home with you, she had a great day!

Amy said...

looks like a good day. I feel bad about your nephew's elbow -poor kid. Hope he's feeling better.

Steph said...

I love this glimpse into your world. xox

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...