Tuesday, March 20, 2007
spt - luck o' the irish
Today I choose to focus on the Celtic knot I've worn everyday around my neck since it was given to me by Adam. It symbolizes "the intricacy of God's creation and man's circuitous path through life." Each day when I look at the twists and turns of the knot I am reminded how we are all connected. Each one of us connected to everything, and everything to us. "No matter how our lives may twist, turn and overlap we all fit together as part of the magnificent whole. No beginning. No End. Just one of God’s beautiful creations."
When I think about this concept in my life I am amazed at how we start out with as one individual and as we give and support we continue to spread until we are all intertwined in each other. Effecting thoughts. Effecting deeds. Effecting life.
Certainly this past year as I've opened up and am more willing to give of myself it has sparked a new journey. I recognize that in my path, my twists and turns fold around those in my life and every time I give, share, connect I am taking a part of each one of you and leaving a piece of me. I've always known that we effect each other, but I never understood until now that those pieces we are given from those in our life can make such a huge difference in becoming who we are. Truly I have been touched and affected by you and cannot ignore how it has shaped me and help me to find the me I've been searching for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

29 comments:
What beautiful reflections and observations.
I have always felt that each person we meet, no matter how brief the encounter, touch us and change us in some way.
What a beautiful Celtic knot and what great sentiments. I love how you said those pieces can help shape who we are. That is so true. Blogging has just been an easy way to bring more pieces of wonderful women into my life.
Great picture Amy. You've definitely reached beyond yourself so far this year and your progress is admirable.
Beautifully said. I am touched by reading your thoughts each day. You are an amazing person that I would love to meet.
I also love the picture. I need some lessons in photography.
simply beautiful.
I've always loved Celtic knots... and now I know why! What a great sentiment.
What a great lesson from a celtic knot! Thanks for your beautiful words today. Another lovely photo!
I love your necklace and am intrigued by celtic music, etc.
You really are an example. You never give up trying to better yourself and I find that admirable.
beautiful necklace, beautiful picture, beautiful post.
beautiful - both picture & words - as usual.
Beautiful thoughts turned into words that help each of us realize how we feel.
I really enjoyed this. And it doesn't hurt that you have amazing photos to back up your beautiful thoughts!:) You have much talent.
Very nice. Have never seen anything like that before.Liked your thoughts & photo ;) ciao
i dont think i have ever seen you without that necklace on, great to hear the meaning behind it.
ok was this challenge made for you or what?
love it and I love your freckles!
I read your directions on how to do the banner. Thank you by the way. I have two questions.........
1- How do I get rid of the original header or title of blog if I just want the banner?
2- Do you know how to do the banner down the side? Thanks again for the info. It was so helpful and I have been trying for ages. My banner is still a work in progress but I tried my first one and it worked so back to the drawing board for a finished product.
Beautiful words, photo and necklace!
I have always wanted a celtic knot for a necklace, it is beautiful. The changes in you must feel so good. I love hearing about them. Really you inspire me all around! I alway love your take on SPT!
I'm with Kristi, love your freckles! I always wanted freckles like that!
Your circuitous path through life must be winding the right way! Lovely words and portrait!
I love the thought that we are all interconnected. It is beautiful and full of love.
What a moving post this was! You have such an amazing way with words and that photograph! Wow, you have some serious talent with that camera, especially when it comes to SPT! My friend Lacie told me the other day that she comes here every Tuesday to see what you have posted for it! I admire this about you...your photographs and your words are so deep and so moving, things I long to be and share! Thank you so much for doing that! What a remarkeable person you are.
I love that you wear this all the time! And, I love the thoughts about how we are all so connected and need each other so much. You put this into words so beautifully!
I love the necklace! I have a thing for celtic knot jewelry. Red Envelope had the prettiest bracelet, and I should have purchased it before they stopped selling it! Great post.
I think I am going senile. I swore I commented yesterday (at least I know I read it) The necklace that Adam gave you is beautiful. What a priceless piece of jewerly to have. The best part was the meaning behind it. Thanks for sharing :)
amy i love your thoughts and your way with words. i've actually wondered about your necklace before but hadn't asked. i love it's symbolism and it's truth. i appreciate your giving as it has truly effected me.
What a beautiful shot and a perfect talisman for your days. A great interpretation of a lucky charm, and I, too, hope to not underestimate the value of connectedness.
Beautiful photo. I love the symbolism of your Celtic knot. And I love that you are continually searching for self-improvement, it's inspiring.
love, love, love it! your words, your pics, your thoughts, your charm.
i too believe we can and do touch one another. i am constantly amazed by that...so glad to get to know you a bit more each post. thank you for sharing...
Post a Comment