
It's a good thing we only finished it a few days ago because the girls won't stop asking me when they get to start eating the candy. On the back of the tags I've written little acts of service all of us can do each day to keep us thinking about others during the holiday. I'm excited about this new tradition.
And one more to share.

I finally found a home for what is turning out to be my new favorite decoration.
18 comments:
Gorgeous work Amy! Your girls will have so much fun enjoying their treats and giving back for the holidays! I would really enhoy hearing about some of your experiences giving back as a family.
Lovely little church nestled in its special place. I love decorations that make you all smiley and warm inside.
that turned out so cute. great job and thanks for sharing the inspiration.
Oh I do love little churches! Great idea about the acts of service incorporated into the advent calendar.
Your advent calendar turned out so great!
I love that church decoration...did you get that at Robert's? I almost bought one last week.
I love your calendar! The acts of service are such a good idea, one that will stick with them I'm sure of it.
The church decoration would be my favorite too. I love finding a perfect home for something.
your advent calendar looks adorable and delicious! What a great idea to do little acts of service each day, that'll really get your family in the holiday spirit. I love your church decoration too, looks cosy nestled among the white.
Your advent calendar is a great idea! Love the look of it as well! Do you have an entire village with your church?
It was good to meet you last night. That's a fun group. I love your projects and photography.
No wonder the girls are excited. That looks amazing... and very delicous. I don't know how you're going to keep them from eating all the candy in one day. Risky, very risky. It is so cute.
Was great to see you last night at bookclub. Wish we lived closer!
such a cute advent!!!! I may just have to do this next year--hopefully Weston gets over his candy-obsession by then because he would honetly devour the entire thing if I walked out of the room. Cute idea!
oh how adorable...I still don't know where the name advent came from or what tradition it stems from...I should go look it up. The church is wonderful, I just found mine stain glass...all broken in a box...need to go get crazy glue
That is so cute. I love how you attached it and did the service thing on the back. I have to finish mine tonight :/ Time ran away from me this week.
Love the advent calendar!
Your calendar turned out great! It looks so tempting, and I know they will love their "acts of service" suggestions - kids just go for those challenges wholeheartedly sometimes.
Beautiful church!
Wow, Ames. That was a huge effort! Where is the new home for your new favorite decoration? I can't tell.
Amy - I discovered this link today through Jen Lemen's blog and I thought you might like to share it with your girls.
http://twentyfivedays.wordpress.com/about/
oh - i love the advent calendar! you do such beautiful work! thanks for the inspiration.
happy december!
What a fun advent calendar! Such a great idea and your kids can see what kind of treat is coming for the next day!
Post a Comment