Sunday, November 25, 2007

we're all lit up



On our way home from St. George yesterday we stopped and got a Christmas tree and spend time together as a family this evening decorating it. It's one of my favorite traditions of the season, putting up the lights and decorations so as to be reminded of the season everywhere you turn. I love that about Christmas...that it's everywhere.



After the tree in the family room was complete we went downstairs so the girls could decorate their small little tree. They were thrilled to see it go up and even sang us Christmas carols when they were done. Not sure where that came from, but the fa la la's lasted quite a while.

Tomorrow I plan on finishing the advent calendar, adding the candy and such. I can't believe it's only a few more days until the end of November. I've got to get cracking so we can use this calendar on day 1.

Is it Christmas as your house yet?

17 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

no, not yet...also came in from out of town..and it is hard to settle in again....loved the pictures and got me in the mood...soo nice to hear it is a tradition that you cherrish...sometimes I feel left alone at it...having to do all the work myself....i guess girls...might be more involved than boys...got a new tree last year...so it should be exciting....oh wait...I went to a store and saw this lovely ribbon hung on the chandelier and thought I want to do that at home...although it didn't not turn out as in the store...have to go back and take a picture....

Jill said...

Wow, I'm surprised you guys are all set up already considering you've been out of town for Thanksgiving all week.

Our outdoor lights are up, but that's it so far. We'll probably ease into it all this week some time.

Dana said...

Thanks for posting these images... your garland sent the whispers of the season through my mind and we have collected all of the boxes of decorations from the garage. Tomorrow night will be our night to decorate.

Having a child who is old enough to understand the season makes it so much more fun...When she saw our tree after we set it up tonight, she shouted "it's Christmas time!" Last night we read the story of Christmas and the birth of Jesus together so I reminded her that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus. She proceeded to sing Him Happy Birthday. I guess we have a new Carol inour house!

Elizabeth said...

Our outdoor lights are up too since we never took them down last year. I need to get going on some indoor cheer.
Your trees are beautifully decorated.

patsy said...

You photos are so beautiful they inspire me. patsy

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos. Yes, it is christmas at our house, and I am so glad. I love this time of year, the smells, the sounds, and especially the decorations.

jenny said...

Sadly, no Christmas yet around here. I need to get myself motivated but can't seem to do it after our trip.

rebecca said...

Yes - we are decking our halls. I, too, love that Christmas is *everywhere* and that the kids feel it, so strongly, this time of year. The magic.

Jordan said...

Bravo! The glow is grand at the Maher home. So sad our paths failed to cross again.

Anonymous said...

It's Christmas here as well. I love the picture of your girls with their little tree. The glow is just right!

melanie said...

Although this year I'm keeping it simple (ala baby so close to the holiday) we are lit up around here too. I love your girls tree, adorable!

Liz said...

Lovely pictures! I'd like to get ours up, maybe Friday?

Anonymous said...

I love your photos, they are gorgous!!!! I am hoping this weekend the kids and I can get my house all Christmas-y!!!

Unknown said...

It is Christmas here too. This year my little boy is four. So much joy and excitement, takes me back...

Laurie said...

Such amazingly beautiful photos!

It hasn't seem at all like Christmas time until just a few minutes ago -- it's snowing!

Carin Davis said...

I love the image of your children at the tree- I have three little girls myself...what a treasure! Beautiful shot!

Diana said...

The photos are so beautiful your girls look so good. It really puts me in the Christmas mood. WE are Christmasy at our house but we don't have our tree yet.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...