Friday, November 16, 2007

i made it happen

The last two evening I did these.




click to enlarge


lift: tara whitney


click to enlarge


lift: tara whitney





I can't believe how much quicker it goes when you use your own handwriting. I'm just getting to the point where it doesn't bother me so I'm sure I'll be using it a lot more. Some designs were in my sketch book, unfortunately that means I don't know who to credit.

question
I've been getting a lot of emails about photography and have been considering putting together a q&a post. I thought it would nice to have an official post that I could direct emails to like I did with the blog banner. So I'm trying to compile a list of questions I've already received, but wanted to give any of you the opportunity to ask so I don't leave anything out. You can either leave a comment or email me.

24 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

brilliant Amy. Your family is lucky to have your talents. I love the one about Adam...wow...how blessed to feel and know this...and trust that he is there for you. Sometimes, I wished I could feel like that about Alf.

Amy said...

beautiful layouts amy... every one of them!

nicole said...

Wow - amazing layouts! TFS.

Jill said...

I'm so excited you are going to put up a q&a about photography. Hope it's going to be SOON! I love your blog. It's always so fun to look at. And I love your new layouts too!

Unknown said...

I have a question on finding the right levels for b & w photos, it seems that I either wash out the skin or it is too dark. I love the photos that you have black and white and I was wondering if you have just saved it as an action or if you eyeball it?

Anonymous said...

I love your layouts, and your photos, so beautiful. Your handwriting looks amazing on them. I think that is something your kids will treasure, having your handwriting. I have always loved looking at my mom's.

My photography question is, if I want a nice digital camera, that will give me quality pics of my kids, snap photos rapidly, and a good zoom, what should I get? Is it better to buy a separate lens for better zoom? I guess I would want to know what's the best bang for my buck, and what's one that's worth shelling out the cash for?

michelle said...

My favorites are the one about Adam and the summer collage. I love the handwriting, I think it looks great! And if it saves time, so much the better.

Natasha said...

Oh yes, please do a photography q and a!

Amie said...

I love seeing your stuff. I need to remember to come by more often... I love seeing the pictures you take... awesome.

I love that you use your own handwriting... I was thinking that before I saw that you wrote about it. I think it makes it more personal and leaves your touch.

I am looking forward to the photography post. I need it.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Awesome as always. Do you do paper or digital?

Anonymous said...

Goodness... at this point I will take any help I can get. Lately my photos don't seem bright enough or crisp enough to me AND I can't find the manual to my Rebel - that makes it difficult!! I'm using the Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 lens - thought this was a good low-light option. Don't know what I'm doing wrong or do I just need to tackle photoshop to get that fabulous vibrant look.

Holly O. said...

Those layouts are really wonderful! My photography question for you is, do you have a favorite lens? One that you would recommend everyone NEEDS? I love the photos with the kind of blurry backgrounds, and I know that has to do with aperture, but does lens make a difference?

Laurie said...

I really like the handwriting effect. It's so personal.

rebecca said...

Your handwriting MAKES it, for me. I love your layouts.
I am looking forward to another photography lesson from you!

jenny said...

Amazing layouts. I really need to do some myself. Too many things on the burner......

I think that is a great idea about your photography. IF and WHEN I get my Canon Rebel SLR I for sure will be emailing you. Unfortunately I think it will still be a while :)

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait to hear all your advice. Your layouts are always a treat.

Natasha said...

Here's photography question - do you use Photoshop? What do you recomend as far as software - I don't even know where to begin!

Jill said...

The layouts look great! It's wonderful that you were able to channel your creative energy yesterday and that you didn't give up on your day.

Anonymous said...

y'know, I am the furthest thing from a scrapbooker, but I think these are really gorgeous. Especially the 'i just want you' one. So sweet! Plus, your handwriting is PRETTY (mine sucks!).

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a Q&A as I have a lot of Q's that need A's :)

Your scrapbooking is GORGEOUS. I used to do it all the time with my 7 year old. But wow that was 5 years ago. You might inspire me to pull it back out!

Can't wait for the Q&A!

Heather said...

I LOVE your blog!
I have been reading for quite some time.
Your photography is beautiful.
You have quite an eye and I love your conversions.
So...questions:
did you have any schooling to learn photography? If not, how did you learn? How long did it take to reach the level you are at?
Where do you go for creative inspiration?
What books would you recommend for learning photography? (The creative and technical side)
What is your favorite lens?
What camera do you use?
How do you deal with indoor photography? Do you use a flash?
How's that for a few?
TFS!

Betsy said...

Amy- My question is do you use a reflector, and what method do you use to get your exposure just right? Do you use a hand held meter, or what? I am looking forward to your q and a post =0).

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the Q&A post!

Your layouts are amazing- as usual. Your style is fantastic. I just got AE's Life Artist book after hearing your feedback and have been doing things here and there. I love it.

KariAnn said...

Hi Amy,
I can't wait for your Q&A post. Can you believe there are so many photography obsessed blog-readers? It's really nice of you to share your info! I have one more question? Do you know of any weekend conferences, or short courses that are good? How did you get so talented? Schooling, or just a good eye and lots of practice?

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...