Friday, June 13, 2008

shares & finds

1. Late last night I found this code that will block someone from rt clicking and saving your photos or any content from your blog. As far as I know it works when I try to rt click on my photos. Does it work when you try? If you want the same kind of protection just follow their instructions and put the code in the {body} portion of your blog or website.

2. One of the other reasons why I love So You Think You Can Dance, obviously I love it for the dancing, is the music finds. I loved Mia Michaels dance Wednesday night and can't figure out if it was the dance I loved or the music...I guess together they were a perfect fit. Immediately I went to my computer and purchased Beautiful by Me'Shell N'degeocello. If you ever want to find out the music they use go here and it will give you a list of the dances, choreographers, and music used. You can even see past seasons info. Very cool.

3. Wednesday and Thursday I worked on two more canvases for my wall.


inspired by elsie flannigan and paulette insall


the cupcake was inspired by eflannigan.

here's an update of my wall so far...


I am seriously enjoying this project and don't think I will stop with the four.

4. A photo I took yesterday while we lazily played outside (is that possible?). Of all the others I took it spoke summer to me...the sun streaming through her hair as the wind blew the strands about catching her laughter. It was a good summer afternoon.



The next two weeks are going to be crazy crazy for me so it's been nice not to have anything scheduled this week. The kids have had play dates and we've basically just hung out...the best way to enjoy a summer in my opinion.

Oh and this because Tess said she wanted to be "mom"...my shoes, my glasses, my book.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing artist, both photography and painting! I love those canvas'. Thanks for the cool code I'll have to try it on my blog, oh and it does work on yours, it came up with a little warning.

Tanni said...

I just checked your code, it seems to work directly from the page, but when looking at you blog through Google Reader I can right click away. My advice there is no substitute for a watermark.

barterboutique said...

hello. I read your blog. i never leave comments. i'm a lurker. it's terrible, i know.
just wanted you to know i was able to grab your photos. on mac i just drag the photo onto my desktop and it worked. too bad. i'm looking for something like that too.

Robyn said...

I love the canvases! So cute. Turned out great.

We're missing you guys this weekend. Have fun in St. George! See ya next week for our Girls' Getaway.

amy gretchen said...

tanni I figured as much, but since I don't use greader I didn't know for sure. I know there is no full proof way of keeping your photos safe or else all sites would be using it, but I can hope.

Lynette that's a bummer about mac. Oh well. I'm not sure if it will ever be possible. BTW, Good to meet you.

Bond Girl 007 said...

that is too funny about tess....what occurances she has

Kim Sue said...

love your canvas..the camera one is super cute too. tess and i have the same taste in shoes :) i have that pair and love them too.

zobars said...

hey Amy, thanks for the code and also the photos do speak summer.

Anonymous said...

the canevas you've made are so beautiful! you're really gifted with art. i love what you do.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Love the new art! Especially the one with the camera hanging! Awesome! Fun photos of your littles!

Tiffanie said...

you inspire me! your photos are amazing and your paintings are incredible!
I LOVE anything Mia Michaels does, I went to a dance convention one year and she was a guest choreographer - talk about an amazing experience.

Tasha said...

I love those canvases! I am obsessed with cupcakes ever since making them for Stella's birthday and now I want to become an expert cupcake baker! I LOVE the cupcake painting!

I hope that tool works so that no one can steal your photos. I want you to be able to keep sharing them with us with out fear of them being used w/o permission.

I sent you an email asking a ? about the iron on stuff you used for the baby onesies. Did you get it?
Thanks!

jenny said...

Thanks for that dance link. (this is one of the reasons I love the show--new running music) I too enjoyed that dance she choreographed as well as the group on the next day. My favorite!

Your paintings turned out great.

michelle said...

I love the cupcake! Really cute. And I have often wondered about some of the music on SYTYCD -- thanks for the link.

Caits said...

Hey I had the same thing as Tanni!

Thanks for the code though, I am going to try it too!

Amie said...

Cute picture of Tess.

Your canvases are really cute. I can't imagine being able to paint or draw... it feels so foreign to me.

Salty Incisor said...

hey your code doesn't work!! I tried it...oh well if you find a solution let us know thanks

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING your canvases and the display above the dresser thing. Awesome. I so want you to host BBC again so I can see your studio in person...:P

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...