Thursday, April 16, 2009

april giveaway

“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”
- Mother Teresa

When I heard this quote at conference a couple weekends ago it resonated with me and brought me back to the reason I chose the word give to focus on this year. When I was younger I always thought I would do big and important things, only to grow up and wonder where are those big and important things? The older I've gotten I've realized doing great things don't need to be big and loud. In fact, most often great things are done quietly, behind closed doors, and done with love.

I believe we can all do great things which can make a huge difference in someone's life...a difference we may never know. Think of what it feels like for a total stranger to give you a warm smile while you're in the middle of a very bad day or to get the mail only to see that there's a hand written envelope with your name on it or someone takes the time to comment on your blog post or a co-worker buys you lunch. It feels big and great and meaningful. Wouldn't you want to give that same feeling to someone else? I know I run this list through my head when I'm not in the mood. It helps me to remember how even small acts can mean a great deal to someone.

Sorry to get carried away in my thoughts, I guess it's just been on my mind lately. Without further ado on with my April giveaway. I'm giving away another set of 10 cards including envelopes.


here is the original photo. I feel like the picture of the card doesn't do it justice even though it printed beautifully.

You know the drill. If your interested comment. I'll post the winner Friday afternoon.

Good Luck!

edited to add: I meant to say Saturday afternoon I will post the winner. So you have til then.

22 comments:

Jenn said...

I would love to win, but mostly I would just love you to teach me 1/10 of your talent!! I am in awe!!!

kg said...

Beautiful!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you don't have the version of these new flowers covered in inches and inches of snow!! So many flowering tree branches were cut down around BYU today because they were ripped off by the snow. :( But the picture is beautiful.

Robyn said...

Count me in! Maybe one day I'll get lucky.

prim.rose said...

Oh SO lovely!!! =)

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

What a beautiful picture! I would love to win this! Thanks for the chance!

{krista} said...

Your cards are always SO beautiful. I would love to win!

Anonymous said...

The cards...are they your work? I think they are incredibly serene.

ellen said...

Beautiful!

Kim said...

What a wonderful quote and great thoughts, afterall it's the little things all put together that make big things.

Nikki said...

Such good thoughts. Sometimes in places like the grocery store I think, "oh that ladies outfit is so cute", or "I love her hairstyle", or "she such a good mom to not give in to her child's whining"... what if I told them what I thought? I'd love a nice compliment from a complete stranger. How happy could we make each other? :)

Amy said...

you know, I agree with changing perspective of "great big things". I feel I am changing the world one peanut butter and jelly sandwich at a time! Love your blog and photos

Liz said...

I love stationary/thank you cards and think your work is amazing. Yay for giving!

kelly said...

your are so sweet..I love your blog!

Britney said...

I LOVE that quote! It resonates with me in a way I can't quite explain. I felt the same way growing up and I think I am still trying to grasp the possibility of greatness coming from my small things. Thank you for the incredible reminder! You are such an amazing person.

P.S. I love those cards - I definitely would not mind winning.

Rachael said...

I have a question for you...I know you have printed your blog into a book. Did you use blurb.com? It seems really slow and not very user friendly...I just don't know if there is a better one out there. If you get a chance can you email me?
rsrandalls@yahoo.com
Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! Ever thought of making some of your favs into desktop wallpaper format and offering a download?

I often feel the same way about not doing great big and important things. But yeah, it's what I put into the things I do that will make them great. Good thoughts.

amy gretchen said...

Napes, yes the card is a photo i took.

hannah I love that idea.

White Lily said...

Love that photo...lovely card!

Meg said...

I love this card - very springy. Thanks for sharing a part of you with all of us.

Anonymous said...

This picture and also the card are beautiful! Thank you for the quote and thoughts about giving!

michelle said...

I like these thoughts. And I always love your flower photos! Beautiful. Hannah's idea for a wallpaper download is brilliant!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...