i watch you kneel down with them and teach them how to pray.
i watch you give them strong and small hugs, which ever they need that night, before they go to bed.

i watch you have tickle fights.
i watch you use your priesthood to bless them.
i watch you share your music.
i watch you play "singing" go fish.
i watch you get them to think with your riddles.
i watch you look through books of beautiful things together.
i watch you draw together.
i watch them make you laugh by the silly things they do and say.
i watch you ask what's important to them.
i watch you leave each Saturday morning for breakfast to start off the day together.
i watch you all pile onto the same couch to watch a movie.
i watch you hid behind doors and scare them as they walk by.
It's through watching and being a witness to these sweet moments between them that I know how truly blessed I am. I hope they know it too.
5 comments:
Love this. And you. So great!
I have to say that when I read about Adam, I think that he and my Dave have a lot in common, they are both surrounded by women, an are tender and funny with them, they both have great senses of humor, and Dave is Strawberry Blonde, which I have the impression Adam is? Anyway, when I read the posts about him with your girls, I especially think about Dave. I'm having an emotional post-hysterectomy day, I needed it to be final, but it seems SO final today. I am just thankful for good fathers in my home and in the world. What a tall order the boys our daughters date have to fill!
Sorry for the novel, can't sleep!
I love it that he is such a good father!
Adam is such a good Dad! This post brought tears to my eyes. I am sure he appreciates your gratitude. Cute photo!
He is a great dad for sure. How wonderful to put this out there where he, his sisters, his daughters, his parents can see it!
Post a Comment