Wednesday, October 07, 2009

pieces of a fall family outing
















trip to the candy store















We went to Gardner Village Monday night as a family to just walk around and enjoy the fallness. It was Adam's idea. He's so smitten by the weather right now he can't help but be out in it. It seemed cold at first, the car said it was 48 degrees, but after only a few minutes I stopped noticing my cold a hands and nose...no one else seemed to notice it at all. By the time the sun was completely gone from view we had a hard time getting the girls to leave. Apparently, that's the sign of a successful family outing.

a funny note: While at the candy store everyone got a treat. I ended up with a sucker I didn't want (long story) but started eating it anyway because it didn't have a wrapper. When I was sick of it I asked Tess for her wrapper so I could save it for later and Megan leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I'll hold it for you." I gave it to her knowing full well why she asked for it. Next time I saw her she had my sucker stuck in her mouth. I think she said something like, "I didn't mean to". Gotta love her.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Gardner Village! It's my mother-in-law's heaven! :D I love your pictures. They are so "Fall vintage." They make me feel like I'm looking at Halloween in the Wild West. :P Simply gorgeous! And what a great family outing.

Jill said...

What a gorgeous outing for you guys. I'm always bugged that I don't spend more time outdoors during the fall, especially this week with my sore back. Going to flag football games are the extent of my fall outdoor activities.

Anonymous said...

really beautiful pictures! I love the colors! My husband would love the 2 ones of the old piano (he's a piano tuner...)

Robyn said...

Love the photos! I love Fall! Such a cute story about Meg. She's a crack up.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the color of those Gardner Village photos! Beautiful!

Michelle Alley said...

Amy, these are wonderful photographs. I love the lighting and angles - very creative! My favorite is the one on the bridge and the old piano - so cooL! It looks like such a fun place to visit!

michelle said...

I love those piano shots! And I always love it when you take self-portraits with mirrors.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...