
I was reading in bed yesterday afternoon and slowly, so slowly where you think your still in it and you tell yourself your still reading, but your eyes are closing, drifted off to sleep. I believe I was out for only a few minutes when Tess came in the room with her book and started reading with me. I liked having her there. That peace didn't last very long before Megan showed up with her paper airplane asking all kinds of questions and talking non-stop. She even danced around a bit on the bed while singing and I thought, this is my life. As I laid there jostling about because of her jumping I reminded myself how easy it will be to drift off to sleep when they're gone and how much I would miss the interruption.
I love where we are now.
5 comments:
I must not be to that place yet, because, if I'm honest--I think a little drifting off would be nice right now.
jordan I know that feeling and definitely could have said that same thing, but now that my girls are off to school and I'm alone a lot more I can see how much I will miss their crazy ways...even if that means interrupting my sleep.
amy, as much as sometimes we love to have quiet time and alone time - enjoy everything about the chaos of this age....my babies are now 19 and 15 and I MISS those moments. I would do anything to have it all back. I always wonder whether I appreciated them back then as much as I do now. I know I did but boy, I would do anything to go back and do it all again. hugs to you.
It's good to have that thought- sometimes those moments are not so nice and you think, "Why can't I just have a moment to myself?!" But I love that you are acknowledging the fact that you will miss those interruptions and that these are the moments our lives are made of. Good thought.
I think it's great that you can have that perspective while you're in the thick of it. Right now I just want my kids to go to school already! Man I love that feeling of reading myself to sleep...
Post a Comment