It's not necessarily hard for me to keep a secret, but for some reason this one was difficult. Tuesday morning I got an email stating that Bella had won the reflections contest for Literature in her age group.
I got teary. I know I'm a baby about these things, but I was so excited for her to be recognized. Plus, it's amazing that a girl with her writing skills came from my gene pool. Anyway, we were suppose to keep it confidential so they would be surprised at the assembly when they presented it to her today.

[modest bella]

It was cute to see her jumped up and walk down the red carpet (they had laid out a red carpet for the winners...so cute). I wish I could have seen her face to see how surprised she was...or not surprised. Afterward when I saw her she said, "I knew I would win, I mean I thought...maybe, but I didn't know."

Congratulations Bella! I hope this will always encourage you to try and keep on writing. luv you!
6 comments:
Wonderful! I love it when kids get a boost of confidence like that. The red carpet is a very nice touch.
I would be totally weepy too.
I loved you comment about being amazed to have a girl with her writing skills coming from your gene pool.
I loved it that she wore the medal during game night last night!
I love the Reflections program! How fantastic!!!
I love that at this age they are awarded and encouraged to continue to do things that she loves - writing!
Yeah for Bella! She's so amazing, it's about time she got recognized for it. I wish I had a Bella! You're so lucky. Really.
Yeah! What an accomplishment!
Post a Comment