Sunday, May 02, 2010

answers

Have you ever found yourself somewhere you knew you were suppose to be? That's what Woman's Conference was for me. I've never gone and I probably wouldn't have been there this year if I hadn't had the opportunity to present. I keep wondering how much my speaking had to do with making sure I was in the seats listening to Sister Becks talk. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. She answered my prayer as if I had asked her the question myself. It was a perfect way to start my Woman's Conference experience and another reminder that God is mindful of each one of us. I am so grateful I was there, listening.

I didn't get nearly all that I wanted to and probably got a lot of half thoughts, but here are my notes for what it's worth.

-I feel a great urgency for us to strengthen and lift not just the family, friends, ward members, but the world.
-If stand strong we will be safe.

What it means to serve the Lord
-What is your mission?
-Taking care of our children takes precedence over all other things.
-We have the power to know God's will for us.
-The vision of our family is the vision of our purpose before the Lord.
-Each of us is important to our time/generation to the success of the house of Israel.
-We come from Royal blood.
-When we choose we have power in our house.
-Power is limited to what we'll allow.
-We must prioritize so that we're focusing on what's most important.
-The power to receive revelation is the greatest gift we can have.
-Being able to feel the Lord's spirit and influence is the best education we can have.

How do we choose to walk with God
-We have to know our responsibilities and how to fill those.
-Seek and help others in need.
-We will be tried and it's our network that will be the ones to help us.
-If you believe it will and can happen.
-What you teach and do in the home must be important to you.
-We must prioritize so that we're focusing on what's most important.
Essential Things
: know the mind and will of God. (Prayer, scripture study, share the gospel, give service, attend the temple.
Necessary Things:
make a home where the Spirit can dwell (Make mealtimes a place a togetherness and teaching, smile, be a comfort to your husband, lay aside things of the worlds, be self-reliant).
Nice Things
: all the extra stuff. (Lunch with girl friends, pleasure reading, hobbies.)-We can't do all things at once.
-Nothing can = a visiting teacher. They should be first responders.
-Relief Society is parallel to the Priesthood.
-Read Book of Mormon with the questions; Who am I? What are my responsibilities? How do I fulfill those?
-Doing this (above) will lead you onto the road of discovery.
-We don't always see the outcome of our efforts.
-Our lives are an investment.
-If we serve God His spirit will be with us.

5 comments:

Jill said...

How wonderful that your speaking assignment got you there this year. This talk was so powerful for me too and I am determined to make changes based on it.

Hopefully now that you've caught the vision of Women's Conference it can be an annual tradition for you!

Sarah D said...

Thank you for sharing! I wish u could have been there!

Shelley said...

I was there and don't believe I caught all that you did. You take great notes. Thanx for sharing.

michelle said...

I too was hugely impressed and moved by Sister Beck's talk. It felt life-changing when I heard it, now I have to make sure that I do change my life as a result.

Jeanelle said...

Sister Beck's talk was worth the cost of the ticket for me...well, hers and the general YW presidency's presentation on virtue. I'm still sorry I didn't get to yours.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...