
She came home, grab the bike closest to her size in the shed and took it to the road. There were no stumbles, no falls (at least not at first...getting off the bike was a bit trickier). She started pedaling and off she went.
Here's a 14 second video for kicks. I call it first ride, first fall (sorry it's a little jumpy I'm walking while filming)...
The one thing I've learn about kids and bikes is you have to wait til they're ready. I guess you could really say kids and anything new. When they want it, suddenly it's easier to do. Apparently that lesson extends far beyond my kids. Attitude is everything. I wonder when I'll stop learning it for myself?
Have a great Holiday weekend fellow patriots....cannot believe it's the fourth of July already.
5 comments:
the "oh, dears" are my favorite part. congrats to megan!
This is adorable :)
Way to go Meg!!! I totally agree with you that it happens when they're ready. Just like potty training. YOU don't decide when it happens. Despite all your efforts... they decide. What an exciting day!
This totally made my day! First, because she is so freakin' adorable. Second, the "oh, dear....oh, dear...." and third, well, you know how I feel about bicycles. :)
wow....I still wonder if my little two will ever...get on a bike. ...the one santa brought two years ago, was sitting for 5 months, before it was stollen......
Post a Comment