
**Bella's been away at a camp since Monday, probably enjoying herself immensely while the rest of use are at home missing her. It's crazy how much one person adds to a family. We were eating dinner Monday night and it felt empty. The four of us seemed so small and yet with Bella we feel complete.
**I want these (I'm so drawn to the squares) or something like it for my kitchen. I know just the place. And since I'm not willing to shell out $260 for them, I'm determined to find them second hand...somewhere.
**I think there's a skunk that has taken up residence in my yard. No, seriously. I haven't seen it, but I keep smelling it randomly throughout the day (which is not good for anyone). Sometimes it's in the front, sometimes the back. It's driving me crazy because I can't have my windows open in the morning or my whole house smells skunky. What should I do? Would Animal Control come trap it?
**I have been sleeping horrible this week and I can't figure out why. I get to sleep great, it's just I can't stay that way. So I've been walking around like a zombie around 3 o'clock in the afternoon wondering when I can get back in bed. Drives me crazy.
**Speaking of being tired, I have backed off some, ok a lot, on my p90x. I'm still doing it, but I do miss things (like whole days) here and there. I did do 30 push ups Tuesday morning so I must be doing something right.
**I finally decided to get rid of our home phone and buy a prepaid phone to leave at the house for emergencies and what not. I've thought about it for a long time, but kept dragging my feet. It just makes sense, plus, between that and cutting my cable service in half we'll save like $90 a month. Stoked.
**Last Sunday we had church outside at This Is the Place Heritage Park (more to come), and we gave a ride to our handicap neighbor. He is a funny 55 year old man who's all about business. He doesn't like to be late, in fact if it were up to him he would be hours early and he won't give me the time of day when I say hi to him at the grocery store (he's a bagger there). Anyway, he seems to understand a lot, but he doesn't speak really well. You have to really listen to understand him. When we pulled up to the park Tess said, "this place, I hate this place." (honestly I have no idea where this is coming from. The only other time we've been was last year for church so maybe she's just thinking it's going to be hot, I don't know). After she said it, Richard, who's in the front said in a, I can't believe you just said that sort of way, "dude". Adam and I couldn't contain ourselves. It was just too perfect his disgust. She kept her mouth shut after that.
**Remember this project. I've yet to finish it (ugh I hate that), but have recommitted myself to getting it done and starting 2010. Now that I'll have more time this fall I have no excuses...not that I did before.
7 comments:
I love the prepaid phone idea... we're debating getting rid of ours, too, and even though $10 a month for another line would be cheaper, we still hated to pay it!
Even though I am just some random cyber space frequenter (is that a word) to your blog who doesn't know you in real life I would just like to say that your girls are the cutest. They appear to be just really fun people that even I would like to be friends with. I'm sure my daughter would adore them. I was reading your account of Miss Megan a few posts back and just laughed. A few things you have posted about her have just made me really chuckle. She is so pretty and just seems to have an amazing personality to match. Maybe it's the same-same name as me, but she just seems like a kid I'd like.
Bella just looks like the kindest sole. The picture in this post just captures a kindness that every mother wishes her children would have.
As for Tess, she seems to be a good combination of the other two. Sweet, spunky, and kind.
I really say this in all seriousness, you seem to be doing a great job as a mother. Thank you for your example to me - even though I don't even know you in person. If you ever doubt yourself, just look at your girls. You should have no doubts.
It always feels strange whenever someone is missing from home.
I love those squares and am jealous already!
Oh dear to the skunk smell, not good.
I've been having a terrible time getting to sleep this week which means I've been having a hard time waking up at a decent hour as well, I hate it!
Hope you sleep well tonight. I have been having the darnedest time getting to sleep. It's probably due to caffeine and sleeping in, though:)
I totally get the missing child thing. Makes me happy to know that they are all necessary to me:)
Um, maybe I LOVE the smell of skunk. I would be in heaven right now. But for your sake I hope you're able to get rid of it soon!
I grew up in the Granite School District (on the bus in the first picture). Brings back memories.
My mom used to have a prepaid phone but she used it so infrequently that she kept losing the minutes she had paid for. So even though you're keeping it for emergencies, you may want to use it every so often just to keep the minutes active. That is unless your minutes never expire. :)
Good job on the 30 push ups. That is awesome! Maybe I should give P90X a shot (I can only do one girl pushup, i'm totally weak).
OK, I'm a random person on the Internet too.. but I collect old Coke crates, the kind with all the squares, and I mount them on the wall and put stuff in them. Just a suggestion! You can look for them on eBay.
Those squares are awesome!
I totally feel the same way when someone is missing!
I can't stay asleep- it is driving me nuts!!!
Post a Comment