
Perhaps the girls knew the weather was short lived because they've been out in it as much as possible. With day-light savings giving them a bit more light in the evenings they've spent their time outdoors playing house, restaurant, and fishing. (I quite enjoyed listening to them play through the window as I cleaned up the dinner dishes.) They even played for a few minutes this morning before they left for school.
My girls are in bed now and I'm posting to take my mind off or rather occupy my mind as I sit and wait for Adam to finally come home. Sadly, my week has been sort of a lonely one. I almost hate to admit it because Adam hasn't been gone that long, but with two trips back to back and both not something I had planned on, his being away has weighed on me. I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday to read, thinking that being around people would do the trick, but it almost made it worse--strangers just made me feel more secluded. Thank goodness for friends and a little bit of a mind game (positive thinking) I was able to end the day feeling myself again.
I've spent a lot of my time this week working on a gift for two friends who are 39+ weeks pregnant. I can't say what it is right at the moment, but I will share when I'm done and have given it to them. They are beautifully ready for #2 and I admit to be a wee bit jealous of their up and coming labor & delivery. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I long to have another baby of my own, rather I loved the experience of bringing a child into the world. There's something so beautiful about seeing your child you've carried for 9 months for the first time--there's just nothing like it. One of them has invited me to be there, to document this moment in her life, and I can't tell you what an honor it is to get to witness such a miraculous event. I pray I can give her something beautiful.
I've been getting bad headaches lately and I can't quite figure out where it's coming from. I'd like to think it's because I'm weaning myself off sugar, but I'm not entirely sure, I mean shouldn't that make my body happy? While I don't think it's anything serious or to be concerned with, I am wondering if there's a catalyst, and if so, what? I remember as a child my mom getting migraines. She would hide herself in her room, door closed, lights off and I never really understood it--unfortunately I do now. I hope it's not an age thing, though I don't recall her getting headaches now.
I hope you never mind my randomly random posts, after all, it's probably the best way to get to know me anyway. Just ask my friends, I am constantly hopping around from topic to topic--not something I'm fond of and would love to change, but for now it's me. I always do find it interesting to see where my mind will go when I sit down to post without something specific in mind. Who am I kidding, even when I've thought something through to post it always comes out different when I start to write it down. I think that's the beautiful thing about writing, often things become clear, answers come, once I work it all out on paper/screen. Do you find that to be true?
I think I shall leave it at that and say good night.
xo
3 comments:
I love your random posts. Makes me feel "normal".
first i have to say i found your blog recently and absolutely adore it. i love your "ramblings" and your images.
second, my husband used to travel for week (every week he'd be gone for 2-3 nights) and we have 2 littles (6 and 3). i can totally relate to being lonely. we're human and interaction with those we love is necessary. hoping you can soak him up while he is home :)
I understand the thing about being around strangers-- you'd think it would help, but it almost makes you feel more lonely. I just make a point to try to schedule something with a friend everyday.
Hope he's back home and you're enjoying your time together.
Post a Comment