Saturday, May 06, 2006

this morning





So i hate waking up on Saturdays when I feel it's the one day of the week I can sleep in, but duty calls. There is a new young woman coming into the beehives and the tradition is to kidnap them, dress them up, and take them to breakfast. It was a lot of fun and was glad I was able to be apart of it. I was behind the scene mostly and took picture which the YW president was very grateful for. I loved doing it...being in the background. Seems so weird to me as I remember always wanting to be the life of the party. I am not sure if I was faking it then or if I truly enjoyed it, but these days I enjoy being in the back taking it all in.

5 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

I totally remember when I turned 12 and my new YW class came and did that to me, it was so fun. Too bad you had to get up early, but definitely cool that it was something fun that will be such a great memory for that little girl.

michelle said...

We had this tradition with my Beehives as well and they really loved it. I would totally rather sleep in, but it was worth it when I saw how much fun they had with it. I think it's cool you're realizing you can be in the background sometimes and enjoy it. It sounds like a pretty mature realization.

TX Girl said...

I totally agree with Michelle. You are just getting older and wiser. I love being in the background to people watch. I think it is so fascinating and you get a better perspective of what people are really like. Especially girls at that age.

It is always fun to feel special and get welcomed into a group with open arms. It will be a nice introduction to the world of mutual.

Amy said...

Such fun, I think this calling will be so great for you... you'll get a sneek peek at whats to come!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...