
I was listening to the song "that I would be good" by alanis morisette this evening. A song I feel in love with years ago when I first heard it. I was living downtown SLC at the time. Life was very different then, but strangely enough my feelings were not. I never thought I could be so complex and yet I struggle with "me" constantly. Struggle with who I am naturally and who I want to be. Perhaps it's my life long battle. The one I must endure. The one I must overcome in order to find peace.
This is for me.
A good reminder.
That no matter what.
I am me.
And "me" is beautiful.
7 comments:
Amy, you really are beautiful, both inside and out... if only you yourself could see what everyone who knows you sees. You are talented, smart, articulate, funny, creative,and much, much more. I have to say though I understand your struggle, everyday I battle with who I am versus who I want to become...a constant stuggle, but also one that I feel I grow from and become better from (at least sometimes). Hopefully that is what you find as well...
also, love the picture, you should print it and display it as a constant reminder.
Very cool digital layout Amy (are you switching over?). The picture is cool too, is it a self-portrait? You're out of control. I'm glad you have a creative outlet to work through your frustrations, just imagine if you didn't?
Amy- I LOVE the layout too. I agree you should print it and frame it.
I also love this song. I love how raw and simple it is. It reminds me of what potential I have if I put aside all the little details and just looked at the person...now if only I could do it.
I also find it hard to see what everyone else sees in me.. maybe one day we will both be at peace.
I believe Satans greatest tool against women is our self worth/image. I know that I also really struggle every day with who I am, that in a way I am a people pleaser more than I am me. I don't always know what to think or feel, so I just go a long with others. I find some days I can fight harder than others.
I love your layout. I have found lately two books that really helped me in this struggle, one is the Quite Heart by Patricia Holland, it is funny, and peaceful she has such a way of helping you find that peaceful heart, the other was the Peacegiver. This book is amazing. It deals with a husband and wife, but I found that it was more me against myself. And using the atonement not for others but for myself. That I can break the Chain that satan has on me. You should pick these up, they are great books.
Amazing. Love the layout. Love the thoughts. I wonder how I have never heard this song? I struggle with these same kinds of things all the time. I love what Katie said about Satan undermining or sense of self-worth. So true.
Jill no i am not switching over to digital I was just playing around. I wanted a larger picture, but no means to print so large and I wanted to work right then. I really enjoyed doing it.
Also adam took the picture last mother's day.
Post a Comment