Monday, January 07, 2008

blank did blank so I got to do blank



Megan climbed up to my desk grabbed my xacto, that was sitting out from yesterdays late night project, and cut her thumb pretty bad. It took quite a while to get the bleeding to stop which she was not happy about. She was so upset, as the photo shows (I know I'm such a bad mom for taking the picture, but I ask her if I could and she said yes) that once the bandaid was securely on she went to my room to get cozy and ended up falling asleep. So I got to have a quiet afternoon alone. :)



Bella had her dreaded Dentist appointment to get her cavities taken care of so I got to sit and read for about an hour. Good times.



photo courtesy megan


Everyone went to bed at a good hour last night so I was able to work on this notebook. I have an idea, but I first needed to see if I could actually make one of these books and keep it together before I get started. It worked, but my work was pretty sloppy. It's good I practiced because I definitely learned what not to do next time. It was so satisfying I certainly have plans to make more.

how to:


I grabbed 2 4x6 photos, a bunch of paper trimmed to 4x6, glue, and a strip of paper to bind. All I did is glue it all together and press under a lot of weight over night. Again this was a test run I did on a whim Sunday night. Next time I plan on using more interesting papers...the possibilities are endless.

10 comments:

Amy said...

How sad that your childrens' misfortune led to so much alone time for you! ;) But, hey, anyway it comes, right?

Cool book! Did you have instructions, or just make it up as you went? I saw some good instructions for making books that looked pretty similar to that on the Internet somewhere. How fun to use photos that you took!

Unknown said...

Little Megan's face. I take photos at those times too, and I love that you asked, and that she let you! You are always so inspiring (yep I said it again.) I come here everyday and see all that you get accomplished and hope to do that iin my own life!

Dana said...

I really love the way your images have been cathing your "everyday" in the last few months. ( You in your studio, Megan's tears, the morning snuggle between sisters...) all such incredible testaments to every beauty in your life.

These images would make incredible covers for journals for the girls as they get older too. (was this the photojojo journal? I have been wanting to try this.)

Anonymous said...

That picture of Megan- wow! Good for you for living in the moments and documenting and taking advantage accordingly.

Anonymous said...

Oh- and the book is awesome. I hope you can include a tutorial with the next one you make?

Kristi said...

your pictures are always so gorgeous! I second the tutorial- It is super cool. love it, but don't understand- just glu- where? I am a dummy when it comes to figuring things out!

Anonymous said...

Sad for Megan, that was good of her to let you take a picture.
How did Bella handle the dentist? I dread those things with my boys.
I love the notebook, a great idea!

michelle said...

I'll take alone time any way it comes... pretty good photo Megan took, too. Your little journal is so cute, good use of photos!

Jill said...

I love seeing your projects. The photo notebook is a great idea, very cool. I hope you'll post all your projects for us to see and be inspired by.

Poor Megan, I know how traumatized she gets when she's hurt. I think it's great that you took a picture though, most kids never get to see pictures of themselves in those real-life moments.

Anonymous said...

The dentist office you are sitting in looks so much like Keith's, that I had to do a double take. If you ever are sitting in Keith's waiting room, give me a call! :)

Your little book is great!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...