My cure...to find good things in my day and surprisingly or not so surprisingly I have been able to find a lot.
1. I made myself work on my art journal which instantly made me feel better.


2. Happening upon Megan surrounded by her happy things and playing quietly.

3. My dad is dropping something off this afternoon and bring me lunch.
4. It's snowing beautifully outside and I can enjoy it from my window.
5. While downloading photos (on my point & shoot nikon) I took last night while ice skating with the youth I found this

and this (remember my post about Bella learning the lesson of money, well this is what it looked like before I left her to decide)

and this video megan took (excuse the bum shot). I think she was trying to take a photo, but it was on the wrong setting. It made me happy because it shows me on a regular day with megan close behind.
6. the kitchens clean
7. I have book club tonight.
8. Did I mention my dad was bringing me lunch. Yum!
17 comments:
I can relate to the grayness. I am glad you pushed through it. You've inspired me to do the same.
I love it when parents, or anyone for that matter, bring lunch. It really is something that can make a day better. Lunch is a meal I have a really hard time with, nothing I can make from home sounds good, so it's always nice to have a little treat. I hope you have success finding good throughout this whole day.
I had one of those days yesterday. I have no explanation. I tried to play games with the kids to cheer me up and I ended up being grumpy when Olivia wouldn't follow the rules. Kind of defeated the purpose! I hope you snap out of it. Maybe this will help- I made cheesecake and Lori made chocolate cake for bookclub tonight! C'mon, that's good stuff!
I hope you enjoy lunch with your Dad. That would bring a smile to my face for sure.
Umm....I could never get away with posting a video that my kids took of me walking from behind. That some more good to find! No shame!
I'm so glad bookgroup is on there. I'm looking forward to some fine conversation tonight!
I'm gray today too, but I haven't done as good a job at pushing through! Way to go.
That sounds like a great day to me, but I'm all too familiar with unexplained mental grayness so I feel for you.
The combination of your dad bringing you lunch, working on your art journal and having book club tonight should be enough to make you feel better though right? Have fun!
Why was Megan lying on the floor by the front door?
The video didn't show up when I first looked at your post, but after reading Lucy's comment I had to go back and check. That's funny and kind of cool.
I always leave here wanting to be better and DO more. Thank you.
That photo of Megan sprawled on the floor is so, so sweet. And the video following you around is so cute. :)
I have total gray days like that and love it when I can push through- LOVE IT! Glad you are art journaling again- it has been one of my favorite ongoing projects.
Last night was awesome- I am so glad you joined and come and all that.
Some winter days are just like that. Way to bring yourself through it. Nice photos, as always.
Your art journal entry looks really good. That alone would be enough to get me out of a grey mood. But you have a lot of things working in your favor. I'm glad the winter blues didn't conquer you today!
Hi amy! thought I'd drop in on your blog to see what's up with you. You're happy thoughts even made my day happier.. Hope your lunch was yummy!
It is amazing the amount of happy that can be packed into a seemingly depressing day.
I am always making lists of what I want to do in a day. I should take more time to make lists of good things a day held.
the video made me giggle! I like that art journal your working on- how fun. And I totally understand waking up in a sour mood- that is me almost every day lol! Good thing for morning prayer : )
i understand the greyness! i think i mirror the grey i see outside at times. i like your way of being proactive about it and moving through it instead of waiting for it to pass.
I hope book club helps. It always helps me :). And you know I was teasing you about spilling right? Sometimes I think I tease people too much.
SO I haven't been reading blogs a ton lately, but I do always love to come check out yours and now I'll get to see paintings too. I love paintings. And I love, love your word choice for the year.
Post a Comment