Thursday, March 06, 2008

catching up with myself

1.

Tuesday night Bella participated in another violin recital. She played Concerto no. 5, 1st movement by F. Seitz. It's a difficult song, lasting 3.5 minutes, and I was proud of how well she did despite learning it so quickly. She seemed more cool and confident than I had ever seen her before we left, but it was evident to me just how nervous she was when she played. It's funny, she played for more than 40 people at my mom's birthday party, I had no idea she was doing that, and she looked like she was having such a good time, but for the recital she had her game face on and I could tell was feeling the pressure. I really am so proud of how far she has come in the 3 years she's been playing and hope she will keep it and enjoy it more and more.

2.
photo courtesy iphone
Earlier on Tuesday Lucy and I met up for lunch for my birthday. It was such a nice 2 hour lunch riddled with good conversation and no kids in sight. It has been such a delight to meet and get to know her the last few months and will miss her when she moves. She is such a genuine person and oh so funny. Thanks for lunch Lucy and a great afternoon.

3. I guess this is what happens when you haven't gone to costco in let's say, a month or so.

photo courtesy iphone
a car load of food, yes only food well and tide, and $275 poorer. I was bummed after all that money I didn't get anything fun.

4.


I've definitely got that spring itch. It has been wonderful the few days it's been decent enough weather to play outside. It won't be long now...I hope. :)

12 comments:

chloe said...

You and Lucy look fantastic in that picture!

jenny said...

Costco is definitely a necessary evil. On one hand it's great to stock up, but then you have to check out. Fun to go to lunch with Lucy. She really is a great friend. Her wit is the best!

Glad you guys were able to enjoy lunch kid free!

Oh, and Bella looks so grow up in that photo. I bet she played amazing. Since Taylor picked up the violin this year I am really enjoying the progress and listening to that instrument.

Lucy said...

Game face on. I like that. Shows she's a girl who plans on being successful. I'm so glad she did well.

Thank you for delighting me with your presence at lunch. You make a spectacular date.

I haven't been to Costco in so long. Your trunk makes me happy. Costco makes me happy. How bizarre is that?

Did you know it's supposed to snow on Saturday? Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Look how much Bella's grown up. Wow! She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am glad that you are getting caught up, despite all that intails.

Oh, and the more kid free lunches the better I say. I can't wait to enjoy some more of those.

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Bella looks so mature and beautiful in that photo! Wow, she is getting to be such a performer. It's such a great opportunity for her, developing this talent. She will always treasure it, I am sure.

Fun for you and Lucy to go to lunch!

I hate those huge Costco shops, but they must be done. It's good to be all stocked up again, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Bella looks so mature- wow.

You and Lucy look so cute in that picture. So cute!

Costco...ah costco. I didn't go for a whole month and I saved a pretty penny.

And Lucy commenting that is supposed to snow Saturday- not funny! Every fiber of my being aches for spring.

Jill said...

It's so great that Bella has come so far in the 3 years she has been playing violin.

How fun to go to lunch with Lucy for your birthday, especially without kids!

I'm getting spring fever too!

Natasha said...

Girls' lunches without kids are always a winner to me!

I went to Costco too this weekend and found the best fabric softener ever, Downey Cashmere Silk. I swear they could bottle that stuff and sell it as perfume.

I am so impressed with Bella and her violin. Luci's school offers lessons but we haven't taken them up on it yet - with ballet, gymnastics, soccer, and art I just can't handle violin right now. I think performing infront of others is a great experience. Luci looked like a deer in the headlights at her 1st ballet performance.

Crystalyn said...

looks like it's been a great week. congrats to bella on her violin. sounds like she's doing awesome. how fun to go to lunch. sounds like a good time.

andrea said...

I've been the recipient of one of Lucy's birthday lunches. She is the best to sit and chat with. I'm glad you two have gotten to know each other.

Love the Costco picture. I've got a big Costco run in my future and I keep putting it off.

michelle said...

Bella's been playing for 3 years already? That's a gift you're giving her, and I'm glad she did well.

I love that you documented your trunk after the Costco visit, what a snapshot in time.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...