Friday, March 14, 2008

at it again

1. I'm beginning to see a trend.
This week has been hard for me. I guess the easiest way to explain would be to say the crazy lady came to visit. I haven't wanted to whine about it so I've stayed silent, but this morning after waking up and feeling "amy" back again (hooray) I decided to track my progress so I can make sense of when the crazy lady comes and when I feel myself. As it turns out the post I wrote about the crazy lady visit last month was on the 15th. I was sure it would be close, but had no idea it would be exactly 4 weeks. Strangely enough it's too soon to be blamed on PMS (or so I think) so I'm going to be tracking my progress this year to see if I can make sense of it. Perhaps all I will find is that the crazy lady comes as quickly as she goes the same time each month. And since I know it's too powerful a feeling to just plan for, perhaps I can find ways to not let it take over and leave me feeling lost and unfulfilled. Tell me do you have visits from the crazy lady and if so have you ever tracked your progress? Have you been able to fight her off? I'm curious if it's possible.

2. A good run

It has certainly been a good run while it's lasted...the spring like weather that is. I knew it wouldn't last forever and that soon the white fluffy stuff would start falling again, but I wasn't quite prepared for it this morning. I was promised rain and see snow forming on my grass once more. It's such a bummer to think I'll be celebrating Easter in the snow. Why in the world does it have to be in March? I know it has something to do with the moon and what not, but why can't it be like Mother's Day and be on one Sunday in April (the 3rd sunday would be good).

3. Speaking of changes
I have so enjoyed day light savings. I was hesitant to have my mornings dark again, love waking up to light it makes me feel liked I've slept in, but having more light in the evening is a promise that we are headed out of winter and it's done wonders for my spirit.

4. the thrill has worn off

I've been listening to a lot of talk radio lately. It use to be just a car thing, since I'm in it so much, but realized I was bummed when my journey was over so I resorted to rummaging through my emergency kit and pulling out one of the 3 radios I have stashed in there. Turns out it works great and is so small I can carry it around with me from room to room (it's a shame ipods don't have the radio option). I have been so fascinated by the upcoming election and of course that's pretty much all they've been talking about that you'd think I would be enjoying the commentary, but now with so much air time given to the Spitzer scandal and who is or who isn't a racist it's all become a little too much for me. I would think our country would be above all this talk, but this election has proven otherwise. Such a bummer. So for now I'm done with talk radio for a while.

5. all pink all the time

I think the picture speaks for itself, but in case it doesn't this little girl has a contest with herself to see just how much pink she can put on each day. Today her pink polka-dot jammie shirt, pink sparkly ballerina, pink tights, and pink head band beat yesterdays outfit.

16 comments:

Lucy said...

It didn't snow over here. I'd say "na-na-na-na-na-na" but I don't want to mess with the crazy lady:)

I'm glad you're feeling more like yourself. I know I cycle and am not sure if/when/how it works. I know it can't always be blamed on what the world likes to blame it on. We're complicated, us crazies.

But, our differences become apparent when it comes to talk radio. I cannot stand it. All that jibber jabber from people who like the sound of their own voice too much. Give me conversation anytime. Preferably with me included.

And, as always, your daughter is adorable. She is some sort of fashionista.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I do get visits from the crazy lady. Not sure I can narrow it down to a certain cycle though. I should track my worst days and see if a pattern forms. What a great idea to so you can try and combat it in the first place. Keep me informed, I will be tracking mine too.

I was so sad it snowed today too, but luckily the sun is shining now, I hope that is all the snow we'll see.

I do find myself sucked into all of this politicing going on lately. I am very interested in the election, which would surprise no one more than me. Not usually something I like. I guess so many more issues affect me now. I enjoy talk radio as well. I have just listened to npr in the car and ksl, so I couldn't direct you to any particular shows.

Megan could not be more cute. I love how she has such a sense of her own style, and I love that you let her explore it. She is going to love all these pictures of her outfits when she's older. Beautiful picture of such a Beautiful Girl!

e said...

popping in to say, I like to listen to dr. laura from time to time. I may not agree with all she has to say (forgiveness is not one of her best attributes), but it is thought provoking radio!

Kim said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who feels like a crazy lady sometimes. I haven't even had my monthly visit (pregnant and now nursing) for sometime, but I often feel the crazy lady from the time my kids are born until they are about a year old. I think nursing makes me feel sufficated sometimes. I find that I feel more crazy when I don't have time for myself and my thoughts. I also notice when I am closer to the spirit I am less crazy.

I don't really listen to much to the radio and I get tired of hearing about the elections too. Is it so hard to just have good honest candidates and political figures with integrity. I guess that's asking too much. Makes me wonder who I am going to vote for.

I love that your daughter is into pink so is mine, but mine doesn't dress up, she just accessorizes.

Alison said...

Hey Amy, they have a radio adapter for the iPod with a neat little remote on the chord if you want an all-in-one:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories/

Jill said...

I keep track of my "cycle" so that I won't be taken by surprise when it strikes and brings the crazy lady each month. It's kind of ridiculous to be this old and to still be trying to figure it all out. I'm just happy you felt like yourself again today.

March is still winter, especially where you live so you need to stay friends with the snow or you're in for some weeks of frustration.

Podcasts are a good way to go if you're loving talk radio. I love listening to This American Life, but there are many other more newsy options. The Spitzer scandal is heinous.

Megan's ensembles always crack me up and she's definitely pretty in pink.

Amanda Conley said...

I love that you are so open about your "crazy lady" because I think we all have her. It's the nature of living here in this life.
And about the snow on Easter, when you said that, it reminded me of a verse in Isaiah: " As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out of my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." 55:10-11
I love that verse because even the snow that melts causes growth and resurrection! The verse right after that says : "You will go out in JOY and be led forth in PEACE; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." That's encouraging - despite the snow :)
Sorry for the ramble. You make me think.

Monica said...

Just wanted to thank you for being so honest and forthcoming in your posts. I don't know you, but love to come experience your insights, thoughts, and more! You are truely and inspiration to many women out there...I just know it!!

About the crazy lady thing...I love it!! It's such a great way of putting it! I have the unfortunate "crazy lady syndrome" as well. Most of the feat is being aware that she is there...don't you think. Sometimes I have to sit back and really think about what "she" is doing to me...always helps me!

Thanks for sharing!

Bond Girl 007 said...

Oh Amy reading your posts and having photos of your darling little girls...just speaks to me volumes. I think because I do not have girls and it is just somewhat enchanting to see a family of just girls.! I too love talk radio and sometimes it does get too much....or even tv. for that matter...I only choose a couple of people that really uplift me, but there are soo many people out there and soo many comments that I tend to think My own thoughts are as worthy as theirs...professionally speaking....I mean! So sorry to hear about easter being in the middle of winter...it has been a bit cold down here, but also can't believe it is going to be next weekend...soooo soon!

Amberly said...

I, too, have a crazy lady inside and sometimes she's just there, teetering on the verge of making me completely crazy and sometimes she's present, full force. It's all about enduring and waiting for the moments to pass for me and hoping that my children survive this version of their mother who is not her finest self. I'm happy to join in your journey to find ways to cope with this unpleasant and unwelcome visitor.

michelle said...

My depression tends to be cyclic, even when I'm on my meds. Now that I know this, it's easier to handle. It shows up, but I know it's going to get better in a few days. Then it does!

Easter in March is stupid. I'm all for the 3rd Sunday in April!

Crystalyn said...

i think the crazy lady's trend is that she is visiting everyone! it sure seems like that. i think tracking it is a fabulous idea. i used to do that years ago and i'm glad you wrote that because i may do it myself again. i'm certain the weather plays such a big part of my crazy lady visits. so glad you put it out there, because i believe we all experience it...er, her.

love that megan and her outfits.

hope you're feeling better...

Sherine said...

Hey Amy.. just popped in to see how you were. I think the crazy lady visits us all.. some more than others. She most definately is around when I cycle.. and most definately when I'm prego. I wish I could put a finger on why she pops in on the other days... or even better, how I can make her pop right back out. Sigh....

Jordan said...

The "crazy lady" doesn't ever visit us...she LIVES here!!!

Amy said...

Talk radio can be such a downer, but I do love listening to it. I can't, like you, listen to it at home. It all becomes a little overwhelming, but I do enjoy it nearly every time I get in the car.

I hope you can make some sense of the crazy lady's visits. That would be a feat in itself!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ames, thanks for the idea to get your emergency radio out of your kit to listen to talk radio! I hope I can get reception on mine out here. I am just the same. Don't want to get out of the car when my errands are done. It's like reading the newspaper while you're driving, right?

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...