Wednesday, November 19, 2008

graffiti

I've been feeling under the weather today. Really I should say since Sunday I haven't felt myself. I hate feeling sick, sort of sick, or like I'm getting sick...I just don't want to do anything. I guess it can be a good thing though, I feel like my body is telling me I need a little break.

So after taking a sloooooooow morning I went downstairs to find Megan when I noticed this



on my banister. The 'who would do this' was never a question in my mind and I continued on my way to find the culprit, Megan, who was basking in the glory of watching TV all morning long. (Do I feel guilty? A bit, but it feels good to use it when I need it.)

In her childlike, I still don't understand that my mom knows everything, way she tried lying to me. "Mom, really, I don't know who did it." Will I ever get her to understand you get in far more trouble telling a lie than the truth? Aargh!



Eventually she came out with it. I don't know, it could have been the threats that put her over the edge, but she admitted it and rectified the situation by using the magic eraser (love this thing...it is magic) to clean it up. She was just about done when I walked away to change the laundry and as I came back I found her cleaning the wall on the other side of the stairs.



I told her she didn't have to do that, but then she pointed out she indeed did...more Megan 'art' on my wall. I wonder, had I noticed that first if she would have told me the truth up front seeing how it's her name and not just scribbles?

Since then I found this



in her room and a couple other offenses around the house. I'm sort of shocked that I'm dealing with this now, she four and never done this before, but for some reason she is choosing walls as her canvas. Perhaps she's just so excited she is learning to write her name and doing it so well that she's practicing everywhere, but then again it doesn't explain the scribbles. Baffling? I tell you what it is never a dull day with her around.

9 comments:

stacy{s} said...

just be glad it's removable.

our friends little girl
scratched her name 6 inches high
down the side of their minivan.

ACK!

Kristin said...

that middle picture is great. this post for sure will be laughed at in years to come!

eryn said...

Busted!! I'm always so floored when my kids do naughty things that they KNOW are wrong. Glad it came off. Love the pics

Diana said...

You didn't seem quite yourself last night. Sorry you are sick. We have had a quiet day here too because my throat is killing.
Sorry Megan did that but how good of you to have her clean it herself. Beautiful photos once again, I am constantly amazed at your talent.

Robyn said...

Oh, this is so cute. She's so adorable. I can't imagine having to come down on her. I would look into those chocolate eyes and melt.

I remember when Austin wrote his name on the wall. He was older than Meg at the time. He tried to blame it on Olivia (who couldn't even write her own name then, never mind his!) We used the magic eraser too. Love it.

Liz said...

Sorry you are sick. I've got a little Picasso at my house too...well I guess two of them. One signs her name, and she is 6 now! I would have thought she would have learned better by now, but no!

Amanda K said...

Omg I could have written this post LOL. When Maddy first learn to write her name we found it written EVERYWHERE. WE had to repaint her room at the start of the year because it got so out of hand that whenever she was left alone for 2 mins she would write allover the walls, I am not even kidding. Now and then I still find her graffitti about the house (and it never fails to amuse me that she says "It wasn't me!" and blames Lilly or Isaiah when she is the only one of the three who can write madison...) But anyway, yes, those magic erasers ARE magic. I just wish they'd magic the inclination to write allover my walls out of my daughter's head too ;)

Sarah said...

i have a feeling your megan and my claire would get along great-- i don't think our houses would stand a chance-- i keep finding c-l-a-i-r-e scrawled everywhere-- i love the creativity-- i just need to channel it better

michelle said...

Oh my. Hooray for magic erasers! How did anyone get rid of the writing on the walls before those?

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...