
She has been devising plans all week about what they will do with him and trying to convince me he has to spend the night in her room so he doesn't get scared. Adam, in his sick state, is already devising his own plans (you have to know Adam, he is prankster). He wants to hide Brownie so when Bella wakes up in the morning she will think he's lost. Of course, this type of trick is way to mean to do to sweet Bella, she would be devastated. It's a good thing he is all talk and too sick to pull it off.
So what am I doing this weekend?...watching them, watching him. It is such a sweet thing to see how they can enjoy something so much. I'm not an animal lover like her and if it were my choice we wouldn't be bringing him home, but this is such a small thing for me and such a huge opportunity for her. I hope it is a fun weekend for all of them.
Have you brought home a classroom pet?
10 comments:
If I didn't know any better, I would say he is posing for you!
What a cool opportunity for Bella and your girls. Linc would totally pull a prank like that- I think having girls he takes it as his duty to desensitize them a bit. Even out the crazy that is sure to come in the teen years.
That picture is so funny. Whitney will be totally jealous about this when I show her. She doesn't have a class pet and would love to be the keeper of the guinea pig.
you'll have to let us know how it goes....Sadie has been begging to get one for at least a year. They remind me too much of rats so I can't picture having one in our home. maybe it's not too bad, huh?
Lucky for us, my daughter's class pet is a stuff duck named Darby. My son's class when he was in 4th had an iguana - we never volunteered to bring that home!
I don't think my kids have ever had a class pet. I'm not too keen on animals inside the house, so I think it's wonderful that you let her bring him home. I'm sure it will be hugely memorable for them all!
I don't care for small rodent-resembling pets but a weekend stay with one seems like the perfect amount of time. Our school here doesn't do anything like that. It seems like a great way to promote responsibility, etc. though.
No we've never had a classroom pet to come home at all... thank goodness. I don't know how excited I would be, to tell the truth. I guess if my child were as excited as Bella, I would get into it too.
I love Adam's pranks!
glad to hear that i'm not the only mom that doesn't like animals-- my four year old has recently started calling me cruella deville-- she loves animals so much-- i feel awful, that i'm such a mean mom :(
glad you let her bring the guinea pig home
I heard all about "Brownie" at Classic. It was so cute how excited she was. Hope you are having fun!
no classroom pets for us yet. cute how bella was so excited about it.
Post a Comment