It really is such a delight to finally have a day at home. Although, I have a lot on my plate and more to accomplish then I actually have time for, I am happy to be doing it here in my cozy home. I've got my hot chocolate ready, good scents filling the house, the sounds of holiday music, Christmas light glowing, and a play date for Megan.
It gearing up to be a fantastic day.
.....................................................................................................................................
That was at 9am this morning. I should have known when I sat down to blog my time would be directed elsewhere. How in the world does the day get away from me? I can't believe it's 12:20pm, Megan and her friend are finally off to school, and I haven't got much to show for my morning.
The internet can be a dangerous place. One minute I'm working on gift tags, then I get a great idea for a gift and begin to research it before I forget, which takes me to goodreads. The next thing I know I'm reading friend reviews and updating my book list. I then go to my local library site to find those book to place on hold, then my laundry peeps and I put wet clothes in the dryer. When I come back I check my email which takes me to facebook and I'm making plans for the evening and checking updates. My mom calls to give me her update on the zhu zhu pets so then I'm off to look at different websites including overstock.com to see if I can find anything online. While I'm doing this Robyn texts me and says she may have found me one (what a gem) so I stop looking and return back to my email. My email again leads me to etsy and I begin to look for patterns for crochet hats. I'm in the mood to make something with yarn. I find this pattern and buy it (thought meg the hat lover would enjoy it). At this point the plumber comes, thank goodness, to interrupt this crazy cycle and puts me back on track. Phew! Apparently with the internet one thing leads to another and suddenly several hours have passed and I'm left wondering, what have I spent my time doing.
I'm definitely disappointed in my morning (I don't like to just get lost), and it started out so promising too. Oh well, what's done is done. Right now I'm off to save my day by getting something else done.
PS at least I figured out the gift and put in a load of laundry...that's something right.
9 comments:
I agree. I will get on the computer for something, check my email, and then get off the computer without even doing what it was I needed in the first place.
Props on the laundry, one load done is always good.
Figuring out a gift is a big accomplishment in my world!
I know exactly how days like this happen and experience the same thing all too often. Sometimes I will make myself get off the computer so I can go work on something else, then I remember I need to look up some info and email someone and then the whole cycle starts again!
I know, I know. Me too!
Hey, apparently I need your written permission in order to print the photos you took of my kids. Inkleys won't budge on this.
You just described the distraction of the computer perfectly! Funny.
But, that's all accomplishment too. It's just...paperless:)
STORY OF MY LIFE!
O my! I really understand you! i also had those kind of morning and felt like I've done nothing at all and regret to go on internet...
sometimes I don't even check my email because I know that I can stay hours on internet, like you say: "one thing leads to another" and we don't know what happened!
I love that you documented the continuum that your day followed... I often feel like I get distracted easily or don't accomplish much. But as you showed, it's all valid things you're working on. It's just hard when you don't see a product after all that work/time.
PS If you are feeling like making something with yarn, feel free to whip me up one of your fantastic creations! Did you see how popular that table was at the B.Bazaar last night? The hats, scarfs, head wraps, etc were huge! You could totally do that for Etsy. I'd buy from you!
I haven't commented in forever but know of someone else searching for a Zhu Zhu. Shopko has them and they post on Facebook when they are available. Usually a couple times a day. I was just able to get all my kids one. Hope they like them cause I'm not a real pet kind of mom. :)
I know exactly what you mean. I can get lost so quickly when using the computer, and then can't belive how much time has passed...
Post a Comment