
When individuals from my past meet Megan the first thing out of their mouth is, "she's you". And while I agree with them on so many levels, she has a confidence about her that I've never known. Confidence that has Adam saying, "She'll either be signing our pay checks or we'll be dead by her hand". I think we both agree this girl is going places.
She sees the world in terms of her. We joke that it's all about her, and while I don't want to believe that, she goes and reminds me I'm wrong this afternoon when I asked her to take all her toys down to her room and she said, "it's all mine" in a very Dr. Evil way.

It's that funny, unique sense of humor that has you forgetting she sees the world in terms of her. She has a very mature witty style that you can't help laughing at. Even when you're exasperated and you've had enough of her way she can still make you walk away with a smile on your face.

Sometimes I call her Stinky and here's an example why. When I asked her to come out with me this morning to take pictures she said, "how many are we taking?" And I said, "a few". Then she said, "a few is three, so we're taking three" (not a question). I came back with, "no, we'll be taking more like 100". And then she said with an exasperated look, "I'll give you a few".

This girl of mine has a fondness for me like know one else I've seen. I mean I completely understand why, who wouldn't...right? ;) It was hilarious when I looked through her school journal and saw that each picture was of the two of us and titled something simple like, "I love mom". When Adam asks, "what about dad?" she tells him he's hairy and mom is smooth. I can understand her logic.

Miss M has taught me a lot, but of this she has taught me tremendously...life should be enjoyed. And boy does she enjoy it.
Happy Birthday my darling Meg. I love you to pieces.
12 comments:
So I don't know you but I have been looking at your blog for a while, my sister Johanna, was a friend of yours from cottonwood heights, I have three girls too. We are a few years behind you but I sometimes look at your blog and think this is what is could be like when my girls are older. So I wanted to let you know that I love your thoughts, stories and pictures of your girls, I can see how much you love them. You are an inspiration and I think you deserve more credit than you give yourself. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comment Jenni. Means a lot.
Beautiful post Amy!
This girl cracks. me. up. And yes, she is you in so many ways. The photos are GORGEOUS (naturally) and I love how you've captured her silliness and personality. What a kid!
She is definitely a character! Even though there is so much of her personality, I think her confidence, sense of humor, and general Meganness is wonderful.
manfriend and i agree, megan is a jewel. (and she is so YOU, you both have your own agenda and soundtrack running through your quick minds) you are smooth, i'll add that one to the reasons why i love you. ;-D
These pictures are stunning! It is so crazy cool to see so much of yourself in your kiddo, and see so much of what you wish you had in them too. I look forward to see where this one goes!
She is such a doll! I hope she never loses her fun personality... She is VERY MUCH you! The pictures are beautiful. Glad she gave you a few!
These pictures are beautiful. I didn't know you back when but I think she looks so much like you. I love the way you write about her, she is going to love reading this when she's older.
What a beautiful little girl! I love how her personality shines in the photos too.
Six is my favorite age, for sure! Happy b-day to M.
She is so much fun. I love that she knows exactly who she is and what she wants. You can't blame a girl for that, right?! She's such a sweetie and we love her tons. Olivia esp loves her tons! Happy bday to Meg!
Post a Comment