Monday, December 13, 2010

12of 12 | December

Admittedly I was not too happy about having another Sunday. Not that I don't like Sundays, but around here they're just really low key. I had to laugh at myself because that's the exact reason why I started to do the 12of12 challenge. It allows you to capture your life on a normal, perhaps slow day, you wouldn't normally think to capture. I love the little pieces I ended up with today and hope you feel the same about your day.


[click here to enlarge]

01. Doing my normal Sunday "morning" routine--working on Primary business.
02. Adam made breakfast for us all before he left.
03. My primary binder. It sees a lot of action during the week, but especially on Sundays.
04. Watching Adam take his leave to Tennessee.
05. Primary kids singing, "Once There Was A Snowman".
06. Finally a blue sky. I've missed this sun this past week.
07. Adam and I saying our final goodbyes.
08. Bella enjoying her after church time.
09. The word of the day is: gallivant\ GAL-uh-vant, v; to wander about, seeking pleasure or diversion; -- The girls have been putting the word of the day on our chalkboard for a week or so now. They've been using my dictionary app to help them. I'm actually quite enjoying the reminders myself.
10. Went to see my parents today. They told me I made their day and here's proof--my dad being my dad playing with the girls. I so remember that as a little girl. Makes me so happy to see them together.
11. The gifts are beginning to fill up under the tree.
12. We stuck around to watch a movie with my parents. As per usual we had bowls and bowls of popcorn.


I really can't believe it's December already. Seriously, I feel like we just got started and we've already done this now 12 times. I hope you've enjoyed playing along with me this year. I have loved having all of you participate with me each month & hope you're ready for round two--definitely planning on 12of12 for 2011.

Don't forget to share!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been participating in 12of12 since February 2008 and it is a ton of fun to go back and look through the posts. I've just printed them off and hope to have a full 3-years worth in an album for February 2011 :) Time flies and this is a GREAT way to capture the every day. LOVE your blog!!

Jill said...

Even though Sundays are low key it's still fun to have them documented this way.

Shelley said...

It is amazing how 2010 seems to have flown by. Thanks for sharing 12of12.

{natalie} said...

love the popcorn pic and the wrestling with your dad. i love seeing my kids interact with my dad.

can't wait to do next year's challenge, hopefully i will do all 12 months, this year i think i only did 4.

Cassie said...

I have been joining in for a while now after seeing it over on Miranda's. Next year I want to use your framework and remember to join in each and every month. I love that it makes me pick up the camera and take pictures that I wouldn't normally.
xx

Miranda said...

I still can't believe it has been a year. I'm so happy that I started doing this and can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy said...

Glad I remembered this month. :)

Anonymous said...

YES!!! that was such a great year doing this and I'm already ready for the next one!! with a little baby to put in it ;-) He'll be there in a week!!!
I like your day , and especially the picture of the gifts under the tree. Here in France, we put the gifts the 24th, after the kids are in bed, because, it is Santa Claus who came by the chimney and place the gifts, after midnight...;-)

Enjoy this end of the year and its joys!!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

by the way you're right about another sunday... It was hard for me to find 12 pitures!!! normally I have more than a lot to choose in, but here, I had just 13 or 14... Challenge here, that's right!!!

Charlotte said...

I love the definitions on the chalkboard wall!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...