sadly it's been one of those days.

today as i dealt with these feelings i can say with a surety that God is mindful of us and knows what we need, when we need it. i was drawn, out of the blue, to this photo i took weeks ago. it was a sunday and we had just spent the afternoon/evening together and we were getting ready for bed when a spontaneous tickle fight broke out. i have always enjoyed standing on the periphery hearing the rough and tumble of laughs and pleas. it was one of those happy moments where you hope your children never forget, and yet it has become a moment with a message for me. not only did it sooth my ache, but it stands to remind me how much i love my family life. they are my happiness.
but my ache had already been softened when i rediscovered a thoughtful card a dear friend of mine gave to me weeks ago. she could never had known when she gave it to me what it would mean to me in days to come. i guess we never do know how much our thoughtfulness today will help each other in the future. what a blessing it is to have such people in our lives who know and love us. i am grateful.
the cloud is lifting.
it will all be ok.
xo
5 comments:
come over.
I'm sorry you had one of those days, but I'm glad you had something to help pull you out of it.
That photo is awesome. A definite keeper, no question.
xoxox
Thinking of you. Today I've had one of those days where it feels like something heavy is resting on my chest. Tomorrow is a new one, right?
I totally had that kind of day today....I just felt lonely even with chaos. I felt sad for no reason...For me it always comes around "that time of the month" and it goes away just as fast as it comes...
hope your day is happy when you read this comment!
much joy!
tara
I love your message. I couldn't go to see your blog those last days, but when I take time to do so, I always love what I see and read. What wonderfeul picture of your husband and his girls. that's funny that the same scene happened at our home 2 days ago, with my husband and his boys, and I also thought that I love so much hearing those laughts!! it keeps me reassured that, as you say, it will all be ok... Give me strengh in hard times...
Post a Comment