Saturday, April 15, 2006

what i have been thinking about....working on


So for a while I have been bothered by the fact that my house seems dead. We have nothing on the walls and it's so bare. This past week Adam and i cracked out some of our frames and are figuring out what we want where (we have a few hard spots like the entry). We actually only hung a few things, but it makes a huge difference.

One of the ideas I have been thinking about is the mantle in our living room off the kitchen. In my old house I desperately wanted to do something over my mantle, but it didn't lend itself to that. Eventhough I don't particularily like this mantle/fireplace it will serve it's purpose and allow me to do what i have been thinking about for years. So this week i have been looking through our stash of frames (also bought a couple) and am trying to work out a pleasing arrangement. I have been thinking about adding the word family or memories...something of that nature, but haven't found anything yet so i will keep looking. For right now i just love looking in the room and seeing the progress.

Please don't mind the pictures/mats as I want to figure out what frames i am using and then get the photos. I am planning to put my most favorite blk/wht photos of us and the girls. I also have adam on board to cut me a few mats. (So glad he has skills.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love it when you post pictures of the house. It's fun to see the changes as they happen. I know it's overwhelming with all the wall space you have, but I think it would be so fun. You're a great photographer and Adam's a great artist, so between the two of you it'll be great.

michelle said...

Oohhh, what a fun project! How nice that Adam can do mats for you, that cuts down on the cost. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

everything pink! said...

please repost what you end up doing. our new place in d.c. does not have a mantle, i can't imagine what i will do without it.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...