Wednesday, November 14, 2007

same stuff, different day

I woke up this morning dreaming I could just stay in my pjs all morning long, drink hot chocolate, and create beautiful things.



Sadly it didn't happen. My day sort of had a life of it's own, one thing after another calling for my attention, leading me as I went. It was one of those days my friend always refers to as same stuff, different day. I went with it and have enjoy the pace despite my lack of creativity.

Wait. Now that I think about it, I have homemade rolls waiting to be baked in the kitchen. I was in the mood, decided to give the recipe a test run before Thanksgiving. So I guess you could say I have done something creative today.

Feels good.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with the 'same stuff, different day'. And those rolls look delicious, you must share the recipe, I have a love for all things bread.

Jordan said...

That is certainly creative. I think creating food is one of the most creative acts, plus it is vital because it goes inside your body! Those twisted rolls are lovely.

Unknown said...

I felt this way this morning too, when the alarm went off so early, and as I headed for school I stopped for some hot chocolatey goodness. Mmm. rolls.

bryn said...

nothing better in the world than homemade rolls; especially during a "same stuff - different day" day.

Anonymous said...

I often forget that creating in the kitchen IS creating- thanks for the reminder! Same stuff different day doesn't seem so bad when you live such a beautifully full life.

amy gretchen said...

hannah i like the way you think.

Jill said...

I think most days are same stuff, different day. It's funny that this post of yours comes right after your Ordinary Miracles post.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Creativeness in the kitchen is always my favorite!

amy gretchen said...

jill it does seem a bit contradictory, but I woke up yesterday wanting my day to be different than most. I was in a creative place and wanted to use that energy, but it was like any other and I was ok with that. I embraced the ordinary and then made rolls. Of course last night after I got home from RS I made 4 layouts, so I guess you could say I made it happen after all.

Andria said...

I just have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE your blog...I get so excited each time you update it! Any advice for those just starting out with photography?

rebecca said...

I love the photo - the almost wry look on your face, bring it on. Not what you hoped for, but life has a way of handing us an agenda. Mostly I am inspired by your commitment to the creative process, your desire to incorporate it into your life regularly and meaningfully. At a time when I am enmeshed in everyone ELSE's details, I needed to be reminded of this. Thank you ever so.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...