Wednesday, April 08, 2009

today...



my girls start their spring break and I have no idea what we are going to do this week.

I bought new running shoes. I didn't want to, but it had to be done.

I can't stop eating the dessert I made from yesterdays activity days.

I got a call from the general YW presidency secretary who set up a meeting with me and them for next week. Apparently they want my design skills. What? I can't imagine what use I could be. I once gave my neighbor (whose in the presidency) my opinion on the new YW poster they're soon to print and the one I liked, for various reasons, is not the one they picked. Let's just say I'm feeling very intimidated, I know I'm not the only one they've asked to come.

I'm reading the Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.


[summer 1997]

is my brother's birthday. I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile on his face. He's goofy, lovable, and positive. Happy Birthday Chris...love you.

I bought and have been listening to Jia Ho from the soundtrack Slumdog Millionaire.

I watched New Adventures of Old Christine (thanks Jill) while I organized my studio...again. Apparently I'm dragging my feet in the creative department.

We have dance lessons and my brother's birthday party all at the same time.

I'm just waiting for the rain to fall. It's quite the blustery day.

I came across this quote that made me pause,
"if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything." -unknown

8 comments:

michelle said...

Well, of course they want your design skills! They'd be crazy not to take advantage of all that you have to offer.

I keep waiting for the rain, too. It's cold out there!

Love the Slumdog soundtrack.

Robyn said...

I like this random post. The photo of you and Chris is so funny- you look like you're 12!

What's the dessert you keep eating?

Good luck with the design meeting. Sounds very interesting!

Anonymous said...

Great quote.

Hey, I need to hire you to take some more photos.

Graduation photos & website photos. Are you interested?

christie said...

Wow...that's great. I would be intimidated too. But you will do great! Love the quote.

Lucy said...

Ooooh...your reputation is getting out there. I'll get to say I knew you when:)

Love your today.

Meg said...

I can't wait to hear what they ask you to do. You are so talented I know you will have good ideas.
I love Jai Ho too.

Anna said...

i *love* your blog. you are so incredibly gifted and inspirational - maybe you don't feel that way all the time, i don't know, so i had to tell you. usually when it's just part of who you are, it's hard to see in yourself. but anyway, i agree, that's such an honor, and you're awesome, so don't doubt it! you're destined for greatness =)

Alecia Merłowicz Morris said...

You have such a beautiful way of expressing yourself.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...