Tuesday, March 02, 2010

childhood magic

The tooth fairy found this note waiting for her...



You know when you have a moment where time stops and you know all the hard work and frustration is completely worth it? This was one of those moments for me. I wasn't expecting to find a handwritten note from her and it made me all warm and soft on the inside. She desperately wants to believe and so I gave her reason too.

I answered her in the same fashion using my left hand and stole my friend Janessa's idea by sprinkling fairy dust (pink glitter) on the note and on her bed. Leaving her room as quietly as I could I was grateful my parents created the magic for me when I was a little girl.

This morning she couldn't wait to tell me about the note waiting for her in return and the glitter on her bed. She said, "when this tooth falls out, I'm going to ask her what she looks like."

I'm already looking forward to it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gave me goosebumps for some reason. I love the imagination of children and that you are playing along. It only lasts so long...

CM said...

Wonderfully magical and sweet at the same time. My kiddos are too little yet for this, but I love the fairy dust idea.

Kristin said...

This is so precious.

Jill said...

This is all kinds of cute!

Kim Sue said...

:o) it just has to make you smile

Robyn said...

So cute. I embrace all opportunities to create magic for children. So you don't have to ask me if we believe in Santa around here... Santa, Tooth Fairy, Leprechauns, you name it.

Shelley said...

Love it!

Amy said...

This made me cry. Oh, my. What a sweet moment.

Sarah said...

we used this last night-- it was totally awesome this morning-- the look on her face was priceless!!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...