Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I am literally running on no sleep.

I don't even know what happened. I went to bed around 10pm and woke up at midnight to go to the bathroom. I suppose I shouldn't of had that huge glass of water before going to bed. So I tossed and turned for an hour or so when Adam finally piped up, "Are you having a hard time sleeping too?" Apparently he was up as well and we were both pretty irritated. Finally after about another 45 minutes Adam got up and went out to his hot tub. I laid there utterly frustrated. I didn't have anything on my mind, I didn't want to do anything else but sleep so I was pretty ticked off. I grabbed our laptop and started playing around (I must say it's really nice to surf the web in bed). I was totally awake. Finally Adam came back and told me about the deer in our backyard that freaked him out. We both had a good laugh at why we were still awake and checked out some sites together. In desperation we turned off the laptop and attempted to fall asleep again. When it didn't seem to be working for either of us he got up and took a sleeping pill left over from when I was pregnant with Megan, chances are it had already expired. I didn't want one for fear I wouldn't wake up in time to get Bella to school. So adam quickly after that got to sleep and I just laid there awake for another hour or so. Finally I gave up and went down to my studio. I messed around some more and when I looked at the clock it was 6am. I decided there was no way I could go to sleep now so I got my shoes on and started to exercise, took a shower, and then got Bella off to school. I would have loved to lay down then, but a 2 yr old neighbor girl was coming over so there was no way I could. I can't this afternoon either because Tess has a friend coming over, Bella has violin lessons, and I have YW tonight. I am so tired.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you CRAZY!!!!?????!!!! I think I would start bashing my head against the wall if I could not fall asleep at all during the night...then again, if I did that, wouldn't I be the one that's crazy? Hummm.. bashing the head or working in the studio? You made the right choice!

Robyn said...

I absolutely hate it when I can't fall asleep. That reminds me of when we first arrived here, at 7am, and my time clock was off. I was exhausted b/c I hadn't slept on the plane and when we got to Katherine's house I couldn't get myself to sleep- all day! It was awful. I hope you recover quickly.

I feel like I never get any sleep as a mother- quality sleep anyway. One day we'll catch up.

Amy said...

i can totally symapathize with you on this one, and i know how awful that can be.... this is when i get alot of my scrapbooking done, in the wee hours of the night!!!

Jill said...

I've noticed lately that if I miss my window of opportunity on sleep (around or before midnight) then I can't fall asleep until around 3:00am. It sucks. Maybe that's what happened to you. What a pisser.

Bond Girl 007 said...

ohhh man that is terrible more so...when YOU REALLY want it! I have had that happen but because I have been busy doing something...but it is terrible to want to and not be able too....My mom always had this problem when I was growing up...felt soo bad for her...

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...