The last few days I have been totally out sick. Sick meaning lying in bed feeling awful, in pain, doing nothing, and listening to the girls fend for themselves. I didn't feel sick to my stomach, but had the worst abdominal pain I've ever experienced. Finally on the 3rd day I went to the doctor to figure out what was going on. I figured it had lasted so long perhaps it could be something related to my appendix, gall bladder etc. All I know is I was hating life big time, starving from lack of food, and tired of being in bed. Turns out all the test came back negative and was told I had some gastrointestinitis (something like that) that would take several days to clear up. I was sadden by the time table, but grateful it wasn't something more serious that would land me in the hospital having surgery.
So I woke up this morning feeling much better. Certainly not 100%, but I was able to get the girls breakfast without almost fainting. I have occasional pain, but the severity doesn't even match what I went through so I feel I'm on my way to getting back to my normal self.
Now I have a lot to do to recover. Too bad life doesn't stop when your sick. oh well, I'm just utterly grateful I'm feeling better.
6 comments:
Why is your profile picture missing?
I'm so sorry you're sick, I had no idea. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. Please don't worry about bringing the spinach dip to the baptism party, it's no big whoop.
oh amy... i am so sorry you have been sick, that is the worst. hope you f
eel better soon and call if you need help with ANYTHING, seriously you do not utilize my being close enough... i would love to help with anything, whenever.
p.s. blogger hates me...
It's so miserable to be sick as a mom. How do you continue with everything you have to do? I'm sorry you've been in such pain and so glad you're on the mend.
what a horrible week to be sick (I would know!) My mom came into town yesterday to watch Adam's kids and when she surprised me and came over I was embarrassed to look around my house and see how totally destroyed it was. When mom's out of commission, the whole cookie crumbles! Hope you get feeling better!
Hope you are feeling better. Being sick sucks but being sick when you have kids is even worse b/c you can't just lay there in your misery.
Olivia was talking about you and your girls today saying that she wants to visit Bella and Tess. We miss you all!
Post a Comment