Saturday, September 09, 2006

it was the start of something new

My Tess finally started preschool yesterday. Man it seems like school has been going for a month as she is just beginning. She was so very excited to go and from what she said about her day she had a great time. She said she met some new friends, but she can't remember their names.

So on my way home Megan tells me she wants to go night night. "Of course", i was thinking to myself. I got in the door, put Megan to bed, and sat down and ate lunch in peace while reading USA today.

So this is what it's going to be like 3 days a week in the afternoon. Peace and quiet...all to myself. Wow, that sounds a bit selfish, but for 6 years I've had company and I can't feel guilty about enjoying 9 hours a week. Right? So for all you moms out there whose life just changed due to school, enjoy. We deserve it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, nice! Don't ever feel guilty about having a few hours to yourself at home in the middle of the day! It's the blessing of school, especially when you have little kids. And lunch in peace is so nice!

Jill said...

That's such a beautiful photo of Tess, how did you get such a perfect smile out of her? Wow.

It's wonderful that Megan is such a great napper and that she's coordinating that nap with Tess being at preschool. It is so great that you can have 9 hours a week of peace and quiet, creativity, reading, resting, cleaning, blogging or whatever else you want. Enjoy!

michelle said...

That is a wonderful photo of Tess! What a serious stroke of luck that Megan wants to nap while Tess is at preschool! There's no guilt in that. It sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Robyn said...

PLEASE do not feel guilty for enjoying some peace and quiet. You have earned it. I am very jealous of you having Tess in preschool three days a week. I wish I could put Olivia in 3 days a week!

I love the photo of Tess too. She is looking so grown up and so cute.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...