Saturday, May 05, 2007

full heart

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have a full heart today, and for no particular reason. This week I have been alone a lot, alone in my thoughts, and have had a lot to think about. I took this photo while in San Diego last week. I remember this particular flower catching my eye growing among hundreds of already bloomed flowers. It had no reason in the world to be confident and yet when I saw it it oozed confidence to me. That despite the fact that it was still in a vulnerable place it knew it would one day bloom and be just as beautiful as the rest.

As I look at this photo again I remind myself of just how beautiful we all are and how much we have to offer each other in this life. No matter where we find ourselves we all have something valuable to share that each of us can benefit from.

Today I feel grateful, loved, blessed for the amazing individuals in my life...for sharing themselves and giving me a safe place to be me.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy. I needed this message tonight. I am glad your heart was full, and that you shared this. And, what an insipring picture, too.

jenny said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Love, love that photo. Beautifully written.

Stephanie said...

Very well said, and oh so very true. :D

Crystalyn said...

beautiful picture amy! and i love your thoughts. and thank you to YOU for doing the same for me. i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way. (:

annalisa said...

This is why you are a wonderful photograph, not just because you take beautiful pictures that we all can enjoy. It's because you are a true artist when the art form speaks to you and and does something for your soul.

Amy said...

the picture does speak volumes, as do your thoughts. Thank you, Amy.

Mandy said...

Amy, this picture is beautiful and your thoughts are as well. I'm glad you shared.

melanie said...

Amy, your photography is simply stated, gorgeous! Love this post! I feel the same way, and there is nothing more important than recognizing all we have and what we can share. Thanks for this!

michelle said...

What a wonderful photo! So cool to contemplate the beautiful flower that has not yet bloomed. Good food for thought.

Price Cream Parlor said...

You are truly blessed to feel such love and have a safe place to be yourself! HUGE blessing!
Love the photo and the thought behind it!

Unknown said...

Truer words were never spoken. I know that my life has been changed many times over through posts you have written or things you have shared, both personal and the ordinary. Thank you for helping me become a better person! Beautiful capture, I love the words you put with it!

Amy said...

so true amy, so happy to hear you are in a good place right now.

the photo again is fabulous...

LuckyRedHen said...

Mmmm... I agree and LOVE everything about the flower image ;o)

bryn said...

what a fun place this blogging world is, that we can see beautiful art and read thoughtful words. thanks for sharing your talents with us all.

Jill said...

Lovely photo.

Tiffanie said...

thank you, for your thoughts, for your friendship, for being you. You amaze me.

rebecca said...

I am loving your photos and thoughts. Thanks!

everything pink! said...

ok... remember safe place. your safe place misses you!

carlo said...

your words, combined with your pics, are powerful. thank you for sharing.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...