Sunday, May 27, 2007

remembering

Memorial day is always a special time for me. I love to be able to share my memories with my girls and teach them about just how lucky we are to have the gift of eternal families. Today was one of those special times where I was able to go to the cemetery with my whole family (sans jeni...miss you).



I hope you all have a wonderful memorial day. We for one are celebrating a new 5 year old. It's her birthday tomorrow and she couldn't be more excited about it. She actually asked, "Mom, what does it feel like to be five." I guess she'll soon find out.

16 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Tess! We hope she had a great day, would have loved to celebrate it with you all. Hope she got the gift we sent for her.

I think it's great that we have Memorial Day to remind us to reflect on those who have passed on and the gift of life that we enjoy.

Liz said...

Sounds like a nice day. Happy Birthday to your 5 year old. We've got a 5 year old in just 2 weeks also. :)

mirjam said...

I have come across your blog a short while ago and I love your pictures. One of my girls just turned five a short while agao and it was the biggest most important event in her life. You have to wonder what it is that makes the number five so special to a little girl. I think they stop being little and in our case that is so true since two days after her birthday she discovered her first loose tooth. Makes me want to cry. :( Thanks for your lovely blog...

jenny said...

Hope you guys are having a wonderful Memorial Day. Happy Birthday to Tess and hope she has a great day!!

Stephanie said...

These are wonderful pictures. I love Memorial Day as well, and what a great reminder these pictures are. :D Awesome! And..Happy Birthday to your little one! :D

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to the cutest 5 year old I know!

Anonymous said...

Tess is just beautiful. Hope the day was a good one for her and for you.

Amy said...

it was a great day... you captured it beautifully.

hope tess had a great birthday!

marta said...

simply sweet and gorgeous photos. we should have more special days to honor those who have passed on. thank you for a glimpse into your holiday.

annalisa said...

I hope Tess had a wonderful birthday.

chloe said...

I just happened across your blog and wanted to say that I love your photos! I'm just learning and I love looking at other people's pics! It's so inspirational!

Crystalyn said...

glad you had a good holiday. happy birthday tess! love the cupcake picture.

Jordan said...

Amy, i just love how you capture "little" moments--it somehow makes them feel so big. Lovely day.

Anonymous said...

What great photos. The photo of Chris made me tear up---to me he is frozen in time as a little scrawney kid - to see a photo of him visiting Alan's grave with a child is mind boggling. I am so glad you can have special teaching moments of God's plan on such a bitter-sweet day. love you!

michelle said...

Love the photos. And I love what Jordan said --- so so true. What a gift. I hope Tess was not disappointed in how it feels to be 5! Can't believe she is 5 already...

laina kay said...

such a nice post. loooove the photo of the birthday cupcake with the dark 'just a glimpse' background!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...